Odell Beckham Jr. responds "Take me home" to Jarvis Landry's "Who Dat" post (1 Viewer)

In an imaginary world where the Saints carry six wide receivers not named Tre' Quan Smith and OBJ signs a first year Saint Jameis Winston salary cap friendly contract to be on the team and OBJ sits inactive but paid for the first part of the season and if OBJ does not want to start... It makes no sense for OBJ but if he wants to say Jarvis has a one year deal and OBJ takes a one year deal. We might need to throw 40 times a game to keep them all happy. The Rams signed Allen Robinson and have Jefferson. At best OBJ is #3 in Los Angeles. If re-uniting with his former college and Browns teammate in his hometown means that much to him. I am not saying it is likely by any means but Landry just took way less than I thought he would get for a one year deal for similar reasons. OBJ has his ring and he seemed close to signing here last year if we had any sort of legitimate passing quarterback. Then again OBJ could destroy the locker room complaining we are not throwing to him enough. One thing I do know is if that if that did happen we would go from the worst wide receiving core in the league on the field in 2021 to the best wide receiving core in the league on paper for 2022.

Nope, not after last year. Now that he’s hurt he’s “good” with coming home…
Everyone will make any decision that is best for them.

The choice for OBJ was the right one. He gota championship, we didn’t had a quarterback or receiving group.

There is no fault on making the logical decision.

And since we are talking logical decisions, OBJ to the saints would only be considered once he is healthy, if his demands are in line with the saints budget, and if we have a need for him later in the season.

If the Saints are looking like a playoff caliber team in the later part of the season, you have to give him a look. Love or hate him, we saw what he did for the Rams as a rental in the playoffs.

The Bengals showed the league a model last year of loading up on offensive weapons can create mismatches and catapult a team. The original blueprint were the 1999 Rams who went from 4 and 12 in 1998 to 13 and 3 in 1999 by adding Warner, Faulk, and Bruce. (The 2020 Bengals went 4 and 11 to 10 and 7 but made the Superbowl by adding Jamar Chase to second year pros Burrow and Higgins.) What the Saints are doing this offseason seems to follow that model. Somehow adding OBJ on a one year team friendly deal would force one one one coverage nightmares in three and four wide receiver threats with a rotation to keep players fresh. The greatest satisfaction I would have as a fan of the Saints in a move like this is the reason it would happen is the city of New Orleans itself (i.e. us the fans the culture and three probowl level LSU talents joining the Saints in the same offseason.)

There is also nothing in Beckham's history that indicates he will play for less money and most of the information he has put out this offseason is he wants to return to the Rams.

The Bengals showed the league a model last year of loading up on offensive weapons can create mismatches and catapult a team. The original blueprint were the 1999 Rams who went from 4 and 12 in 1998 to 13 and 3 in 1999 by adding Warner, Faulk, and Bruce. (The 2020 Bengals went 4 and 11 to 10 and 7 but made the Superbowl by adding Jamar Chase to second year pros Burrow and Higgins.) What the Saints are doing this offseason seems to follow that model. Somehow adding OBJ on a one year team friendly deal would force one one one coverage nightmares in three and four wide receiver threats with a rotation to keep players fresh. The greatest satisfaction I would have as a fan of the Saints in a move like this is the reason it would happen is the city of New Orleans itself (i.e. us the fans the culture and three probowl level LSU talents joining the Saints in the same offseason.)
We actually did the same thing in 2009.

Devery Henderson 4.36
Robert Meachem 4.39
Lance Moore 4.52
Marques Colston 4.50
Reggie Bush 4.33

We was crazy fast.

MT13 / Jarvis / Kamara / Olave are going to command a ton of targets. For the money Odell will command I just don’t see this making sense.

Odell would be the 3rd or 4th option at this point.

We actually did the same thing in 2009.

Devery Henderson 4.36
Robert Meachem 4.39
Lance Moore 4.52
Marques Colston 4.50
Reggie Bush 4.33

We was crazy fast.
I remember SP commenting after the 2019 loss to SF that he was amazed by how fast they were in pregame warm ups.

Now…why he didn’t follow their blueprint? No clue. But I’m glad we’re trying to do it now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom