Odell Beckham says season should be cancelled. (1 Viewer)

I don't remember ever hearing a bad word about him while he was at LSU or Newman, not even in backyard nor office cooler conversations. Did the diva really manifest itself in the NFL or are there some old stories I'm unaware of?

Same for me. Never heard anything bad about him while he was at Newman or LSU but once he got to the NFL the full blown diva came out in force.

There's a guy who used to work for me and he had a night job working the door at some clubs in Baton Rouge. He told me that every now and again Beckham would show up with his entourage and they never failed to just gorilla themselves right past everyone else.

I guess entitlement comes with the diva.

Anyone that puts the role model tag on a millionaire pro athlete, lives a very shallow life. Be that as it may, OBJ is right for saying there should be no football this season. I give right where right is due.

I didn't put that tag on OBJ. Young fans and players pick who their role models are. Star athletes attract young fans, so they need to be careful about the message they send. OBJ may have a million young fans and could be a good influence. He's not exactly a genius, so I can forgive him for not missing out on such a great opportunity to be a positive role model. Like Drew Brees. Or Barry Sanders. Or Ben Watson. Or a thousand other millionaire pro athletes.

I don't remember ever hearing a bad word about him while he was at LSU or Newman, not even in backyard nor office cooler conversations. Did the diva really manifest itself in the NFL or are there some old stories I'm unaware of?

I think LSU has better damage control!:hihi:

I think this season is just going to be so strange. No fans, no home field advantage. It’s really hard to put it in words. The fun from a fans perspective is gone this year. No tailgating, no doing the wave, no deafening who dat chants. Believe me they are not doing anything for the fans. This is all about TV money. I think it’s so stupid and fake to watch noise being pumped in . The drama that we all love, that is the season, just will not be there . There will always be an asterisk by whoever wins the SB. I think they should take things slow and chill out this year and be ready to have one hell of a season next year. It will give a chance for some veterans to get extra care and extend there careers. 1 year ain’t going to hurt most of us. I won’t say all because there is always going to be someone or a few who the no season would hurt. I can’t see the excitement that we would normally have. Chill get healthy and come back guns a blazing for 2021 and go get Brees final SB that he deserves. It’s almost like I would not want us to win it all this year because there are going to be people who say “ he won it BUT”. I don’t want that for Drew. He deserves better. Just an opinion.

He's absolutely right. The season will not make it without being in a bubble. By week 3 there will be games cancelled for sure. They needed to come up with an alternate schedule, like division only games and the division winner goes to the playoffs. The NFLs hubris is ridiculous if they think they can play a full slate.

The NFL should try an eight bubble season. Each Division goes into a bubble, they play each other twice. Six games, every other week. Stagger the games AFC/NFC East/West and then North/Central or something like that. Makes a 13 week season. Then each Division winner is in the playoffs. Take the four teams and have two new bubbles, AFC playoffs and NFC playoffs. Then Championship Games and Super Bowl. That schedule would have a chance of working. Start season mid to late September. The way it will go down as scheduled will be a mishmash of junk by Oct 1st.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom