Odell Beckham says season should be cancelled. (1 Viewer)

I think his exact words were.........................." I ain't no role model........................I didn't sign up for that bull****!"

Classic symptoms of a spoiled diva. Glad he wasn't a Saint when he said that, it's pretty disappointing. His coach and/or GM should have called him out for that stunt. I like humble players that let their play on the field do all the talking for them. Deuce, Colston, and Brees come to mind.

Edit: Role models don't choose, they are chosen by their young fans and teammates. Once chosen, they have to respect others, or they're of no value to the team.

It's funny how when he was at LSU he was a model player that barely spoke a word but since he's been in the NFL I'm embarrassed that he played at LSU!!

His antics during last year's championship season were an embarrassment. I'm hoping LSU starts turning him away.

I think OBJ is right. Why take the chance on players' health and lives?

They all have the option to opt out. Everyone doesn't have the money he does. It's interesting that he doesn't plan to opt out.

OBJ had 4 TD's last year. I really don't get why he's still considered such a big name in the NFL these days. He honestly really needs to get on the field this year to hopefully play against some scrubs and start putting up respectable numbers again.

My personal motto is: What ever Odell is in favor of, I'm usually going the opposite way....., and vice versa.

I mean, he's not wrong. If we want to go the most responsible route, the season should be cancelled. I'd probably put money on the possibility of a mid-season spike happening amongst the players and staff, and teams having to forfeit or cancelling the season halfway through.

That being said, I'm selfish and I want football to watch, so I hope they don't cancel it. At least I'm honest.

It's funny how when he was at LSU he was a model player that barely spoke a word but since he's been in the NFL I'm embarrassed that he played at LSU!!

It has been fascinating to see how Beckham and Landry diverged after leaving LSU. Two things changed OBJ. First of all he had the New York media machine gassing him up. And any decent player on a big market team is going to get pumped up by the national media as well. Victor Cruz is the perfect example. Cruz made the Pro Bowl in 2012 with these numbers: 86 rec, 1,092 yards, and 10 TDs. That same year Colston finished with 83 rec, 1,154 yards, and 10 TDs. One was a salsa dancing sensation. The other could walk down the street without being recognized.

Then came The Catch. One of the greatest catches ever made and it came during a Sunday Night Football game against the Cowboys. That catch made him an absolute superstar. Like Bo Jackson's Monday Night Football performance against the Seahawks, that game catapulted OBJ into the upper reaches of superstardom.

Now that he's been banished to Cleveland OBJ doesn't think football should be played this season. Who can blame him.

He's not wrong it may happen if things don't get better but hey lets not kill him for having an opinion on something. We just went through this with Drew on having an opinion on something and the board was a bit divided about it. Lets keep that same energy and respect for a man's perspective on a issue like him or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom