Of all the tagged players, who is worth.. (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
the Tebucky Jones type of deal?

If I remember correctly, Tebucky was tagged but we traded for him and didn't have to give up 2 1st rounders. Nobody in the league is worth 2 1st rounders anyway.

I think Trufant is worth the same type of deal, what do you think?

If anyone, Nmandi. If we cannot get help at corner before draft, I wonder if a deal might be worked out during the first round of the draft?

Technically, no one.
The whole idea of the tag was to place the price of a player "out of reach" for a prospective team.
It hasn't exactly worked out that way though, because teams are so willing to overpay.

IIRC, we gave up 3 picks for Tebucky Jones.
http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=41
Thirteen days later, the Saints trade up during the draft to nab Sullivan.
That was a pretty bad offseason, IMO.

If he stays healthy I think Haynesworth is worth it. The four games he missed last year the Titans lost. He is a beast!!!

I dont think we need to morgage our future just to force change this offseason...thats what the draft is for, draft picks are very important, we are not the Redskins, we cant afford to go that route.

the Tebucky Jones type of deal?

If I remember correctly, Tebucky was tagged but we traded for him and didn't have to give up 2 1st rounders. Nobody in the league is worth 2 1st rounders anyway.

I think Trufant is worth the same type of deal, what do you think?

What did we give up for Tebucky? Wasn't it like a 3, 4 and a 7? If we could get Trufant or Haynesworth for that I'd take it.

Haynesworth would immediately make our defense much better by taking pressure off of the linebackers and consequently, more pressure being taken off for the cornerbacks.

no player is worth 2 1st round picks! tebucky was 3 late round picks when we had picks stockpiled, and it still bit us in the rear. that year with trading 2 picks for sullivan could still be hurting us. free agency is like taking an asprin for a concussion. it will work for a little while, but it doesn't truly address the problem. we have limited picks this year and very good ones, at that. the 10th pick in each round is early enough to get 2 quality potential starters, but not too high that they will have ridiculous contracts.

I am SO not a fan of giving up draft picks for players if avoidable. I would rather us trade back in drafts and trade some of our players for picks in order to build more through the draft. It's the RIGHT way to build a team.

If we can't find a way to pick well in the draft, then we need to replace our FO until we do.

(BTW, I think Loomis does just fine building through the draft. Last year wasn't a good year, but has done well)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom