Of the 3 teams in Second Place in the NFC... (1 Viewer)

New Orleans Rob

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Three teams being Seattle, NO, and Giants. ESPN's Mark "the Stink" Schlereth predicted that the Saints to be the one to fall out of the lead in their division and possibly miss the playoffs because a surging Panthers team will overtake them. These guys just hate the fact that the Saints are winning.

Don't listen to those guys lets just wait and see what happens. IfI had to pick someone i wouldd be NYG because of their injuries

well of that list carolina is the best second place team, so the answer would be the saints or nobody

but as far as wildcard i think we wold have the edge over the eagles, and the cowboys should we beat them - and we know what happened last time the saints and rams were tied and the saints beat them in the regular season, the rams got in , not us

Man, those Panthers looked like a jauggernaut Monday night. That comment really makes him look stupid. Had the Saints played the Panthers Monday night we would have beat them like a tied up drum. If the Panthers continue surging like they were the other night they may not end up with a winning record, much less anything else. I almost want to say that if they had played any other team in the league Monday they would have lost. They were being booed by thier home fans as they left for halftime.

A) It's only an opinion,

B) It's an opinion that has no bearing on anything (unlike, say, COLLEGE football where votes (i.e., opinion) determines who plays for the championship), and

C) What have we done lately to give the rest of the world any idea or confidence that we will hang in there to the end? We haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years, and we've had a couple of late season crash-n-burns since then.

D) Relax and enjoy the last 7 games.

There is a lot of football left. Its hard to say which team will be 1st, 2nd or even 3rd seed? It may not even be one of those three teams?

A) It's only an opinion,

B) It's an opinion that has no bearing on anything (unlike, say, COLLEGE football where votes (i.e., opinion) determines who plays for the championship), and

C) What have we done lately to give the rest of the world any idea or confidence that we will hang in there to the end? We haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years, and we've had a couple of late season crash-n-burns since then.

D) Relax and enjoy the last 7 games.

:plus-un2: What he said.

Paricularly "C". As many of us have pointed out, all the "analysts" go off of in their predictions is past accomplishments. While we all know, or at least like to believe, that this is a completely different Saints team than we've fielded in years past, the media figures don't have that kind of foresight. It's going to take time and trends to change the way the "outside" world views our football team, not just an overachieving start to one season, as they may see it.

LMAO.
Dude, let's enjoy this season amongst ourselves, and forget the pundits and analysts. It's been fun thus far.

But I do have to laugh at "surging" Panthers. Everybody wants to see that team in the SB every year. Wow. :_rofl:

i like it. I want the whole world to think we are overrated.

a. gives the guys something to prove
b. gives the other guys reason to take us lightly
c. we can prove the experts wrong in the playoffs

The Saints are not as strong defensively as the other teams. Defense wins championships. To predict the Saints will fold is the safe bet.

The Saints are not as strong defensively as the other teams. Defense wins championships. To predict the Saints will fold is the safe bet.

Ding, Ding,,,,,,We have a winner.

This is the reason everyone is picking us to fall behind. The love affair with the 'surging' panthers + everyones preseason rediction of where we would end up(including alot of us fans)+ the fact that our defense has a lot of holes that will take another year of FA/draft to correct = the odd man out and the safe bet that we will fall behind in the division lead.

But I do have to laugh at "surging" Panthers. Everybody wants to see that team in the SB every year. Wow. :_rofl:

Especially when considering the Panthers are on a, holy cow, one game winning streak! That win coming at home against the Bucs following two weeks to prepare after a monumental collapse to the Cowboys. Break out the champagne.

ps...Agree with CT.

because a surging Panthers team will overtake them.

A "surging" Panthers team???????

Since when did they change the definition of "surging" to mean average? These media clowns just don't get it.

Stick your foot in your mouth in pre-season and pick the Panthers to represent the NFC in Miami, only to be embarrassed and disappointed... And instead of admitting they blew it, these media pundits open wider so the foot can choke them to death...

The surging Panthers... That's funny. :_rofl:

Normally I wouldn't say "Saints hate", but these guys just aren't paying attention. They see what they want to see with the Panthers, not what is. These are not the Panthers of two years ago, or last year, as neither back has stepped up consistently, and you're not going to get a late season run off Jake lobbing the ball to Smith while the defense scrambles for turnovers.

More importantly, people forget how good the Eagles are. They're 5-4 with three excruciating losses, two of which came against teams that they dominated for three or four quarters but couldn't close the deal. That's not going to happen much more this season. On top of that, Dallas is hardly looking like chopped liver, and given the Giants' injury profile right now, with BOTH the Eagles and Cowboys one game behind, anybody who doesn't give the Giants the toughest row to hoe for an NFC division title isn't doing his job.

The old adage of defense wins championships is a myth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom