Off-Season in a nutshell (1 Viewer)

I'd be fine with Delpit or McKinney at #24. I like M. Williams, he's good and he makes a lot of plays, but he's very inconsistent
IMO, he can be upgraded. Is it our #1 need? No. But drafting straight up for need is risky and has immediate and long term effects on the roster.

I like the strategy of drafting the best players available on day 1 and early day 2 of the draft, but that doesn't seem to be our way of doing things. I believe our coaches, GM, and scouting department targets specific players early in the draft if not specific positions. If they've fallen in love with Delpit, then I can see him being the pick if he's still available.

I don't feel that's our #1 need, but what do I know? I think drafting Delpit is exactly the sort of thing our FO is likely to do.

There have been some great threads here with detailed analysis of our salary cap and free agent situation. Regarding the details, none of us are going to have the financial expertise of Loomis, the talent evaluation of Ireland, or the strategic vision of Payton. With Brees coming back for one more year (and presumably kicking the cap-hell-can down the road again) the big picture seems relatively clear:

Re-Sign Priorities:
#1 - Bell
#2 - Klein
#3 - Onyemata

Re-Sign for Backup Money:
- Omameh
- Apple
- Williams

Just Let Walk:
all the others

Extend:
Jenkins
Hill

New Free Agents:
#1 priority - Free Safety
#2 priority - Guard
#3 priority - Wide Receiver

Draft:
(1) Trade back early and often
(2) Acquire picks for next year
(3) BPA emphasizing high-risk, high-reward types

Since we're all-in for one more year, this seems to be the way to go, right?

We've been "all-in" since 2017 ... What the hell does that even mean? :shrug:

Who won't be back IMO,
Peat - he will get a good offer in FA
Apple - all signs point to us upgrading
TB - a no brainer that he will get paid
Jenkins - I think he will get more in FA then we will offer. I'm on the fence but I think hes gone.
Bell - history says we don't overpay for safetys we draft ( Jenkins, KV)

Who I think we resign,
Onyamata - I think we lock him up long term
Klein - I think he gets a friendly deal

I think we will be active in FA looking for some solid Vet experience to fill some holes on defense. Offense will come from the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom