Offense compared to Green Bay is stale, too many bonehead penalties (1 Viewer)

I agree as well. Defense was the reason this game was lost. As far as preseason reps, as stated, every team was in the same boat.

Concerning Brees, if I recall correctly, he may have participated in one series in last years preseason. Hopefully the offense will become more fluid with time but that defense... Damn!

I know, it is so frustrating, it seemed like the D turned a corner last year....Nope, they are in full early season regression mode, hopefully they rebound...soon....

The biggest difference between the Saints offense was clear... the Saints offense plays within a 10-15 yard box extending from the LOS... the Packers offense’s “box” extends up to 40 yards down the field.

That makes a huge difference! The complete lack of any sort of vertical passing game greatly limits the Saints offense, and it helps the opposing defense immensely!

The furthest pass Brees threw last night was a deep-“ish” OUT/COMEBACK to Sanders (about 12-15 yards or so... Sanders had to come back to the ball and snatch it just before it hit the turf because it barely got there.

3rd and long... the Saints throw a 3-5 yard pass and have to hope the receiver makes the yards to gain after the catch. If Kamara wasn’t playing out of his freakin mind, that game would’ve been a blowout loss for the Saints.

Couple that limited offense with an overall sloppy, inconsistent, and massively penalty-prone defense... and you’ve got a recipe for disappointment on a weekly basis.

You know why the Saints defense shined during training camp reports?
It’s because they were playing against the Saints offense, which maxes out at 15 yards!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom