Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Tight End

Votes: 60 62.5%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters
I went with WR... I think WR is a bigger need than TE for this team. We need another WR to go with Horn and Colston, and right now I'm not convinced we have that. Plus, Horn only has 2 years max left. If we don't get a WR like Kevin Curtis (St. Louis) or Drew Bennett (Tenn.) out of F.A. then I hope they will grab another one out of the draft next year... Day 2 pick will do.

IMHO, TE is more important as a blocker for our offense, and a healthy Ernie Conwell or Campbell fits the bill. Plus, the TE crop coming out of college next year isn't all that impressive.

First round has to be defense unless a big time TE is available. If there is no big time TE available, then it has to be a LB or a CB.

2nd round -- (if he comes out) Limas Sweed...6'5 & great routes!

I have to say that I agree with a lot of the positions taken on this post but, in football, you have to be balanced. We have great running backs and a great fullback, but just can't seem to block for the run. While I agree with the TE assessment, I still feel that we need to be better at the guard position on the O-Line to aid in the run game. I know that a TE can help with run blocking but not in the interior of the line. Looking at the reciever spots, I do realize that we need to find Joe Horn's replacement, or Colston's replacement especially if Henderson is gone. I don't think Colston will be gone but he might be moved to the #1 reciever spot.

I went with Offensive Line...specifically the interior line. We need better run blocking and the Nesbit/Faine combo isn't creating a whole lot of running lanes. As far as run blocking, we really don't have the "Dombrowski-Roaf"-effect anywhere on the O-line. We have Jammal Brown at LT (a great run-blocker), but then Brown lines up next to Nesbit who lines up next to Faine and neither of them are the greatest run blockers. Then we have Evans at RG who is blossoming but he lines up next to Stinch. We need maulers at LG and RT.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom