Offense slow start (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
What are the issues that are contributing to the sputtering offensive performances of late? Missing Armstead? No Ginn ? Do the Saints struggle against harassing defenses? What are y'alls thoughts?

Good defenses planning differently.
No problem.
Sean adjusted, we wore them down, and went from down for the count .......to a 25 point 2nd half.

There is no threat of a vertical passing attack. Linebackers and safeties are taking away the short and intermediate passes. This also creates closer defensive bodies to stop the running game.

OL has not been great either and Drew looks kinda shook back there and has Thomas tunnel vision.

Yeah we are missing Ginn. Right now we have Michael Thomas, and that’s it. Bring Ginn back ASAP and see what Marshall can offer, I guarantee it’s more than what we are getting from others. 3 total combined catches from our receivers outside of MT today.

The holding call on the Ingram run changed the game at that point. If that run stands who knows how that drive ends.

I think we missed TA tons last 2 games
I have no idea how to breakdown Oline assignments, but I think missing TA shrinks our playbook a bunch

There is no threat of a vertical passing attack. Linebackers and safeties are taking away the short and intermediate passes. This also creates closer defensive bodies to stop the running game.

OL has not been great either and Drew looks kinda shook back there and has Thomas tunnel vision.

Thomas tunnel vision has to be remedied... TQS has to step up.

I'd like to know why Benjamin Watson has all but disappeared from the passing game. Surely he's a reliable big body on intermediate passing routes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom