Offense will need to win this one (vs. Pitt) (1 Viewer)

Kamara Time in NO

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It seems to me that the Saints will have to score a lot of points against the Steelers to win. Pitt has really not had a problem scoring, but have made too many mistakes/turnovers. The Saints need to come in and take full advantage when they have opportunities to score. TDs not FGs. The best case scenerio would be to control the clock and keep Philly off the field with a power running game, but I don't think the Saints can do it with Duece nicked up a bit. I know they can control the clock with short, high percentage pass plays, and I'm sure that will be part of their game plan. This game will be tough to win, but the Saints have the type of team to do it. The big thing will be to limit mistakes/turnovers and hang in this game until the end. If the Saints keep it close, there is a good chance Pitt will make a crucial mistake down the stretch and the Saints can nail the door shut. I'm looking forward to a great match-up.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the first 3-4 D we've faced this year? If so, how do you think we'll attack it.

Is that booty really that big, or does the perspective just make it look big?

I think turnovers is key. We have to get more picks this season, and Big Ben serves them up. I watched the pitt D get roasted by bird & Bronc attacks. We handed a better Ravens D the game. I'm hoping we out-score pitt, and Horn returning would make me feel much better about our prospects.

I think turnovers is key. We have to get more picks this season, and Big Ben serves them up. I watched the pitt D get roasted by bird & Bronc attacks. We handed a better Ravens D the game. I'm hoping we out-score pitt, and Horn returning would make me feel much better about our prospects.

I agree with you. My worry is that our DBs can't catch the ball. It will be served up, but will we take advantage. That's why I think it will need to be the offense to step up and win this one.

Don't think we will not need a lot
of DEFENSE to win this one!!!

I disagree. The defense will have an important role

The key word with defeating Pitts this season has been turnovers, and that mean that the D should step up. Hopefully the D will be able to intercept (and that means actually catching and hanging on to ) the ball

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom