Offenses with the lowest rates of pass-catchers being considered open or wide open...32. New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

How is this stat tablulated? I'd wager if we were able to look back over the last 4-5 years we'd be consistently at the bottom of this statistic. We don't scheme receivers to be open, we scheme receivers to be more prepared for a quick throw than the defender will be.

How is this stat tablulated? I'd wager if we were able to look back over the last 4-5 years we'd be consistently at the bottom of this statistic. We don't scheme receivers to be open, we scheme receivers to be more prepared for a quick throw than the defender will be.
This is why I wanted a new offense. It's beyond stale and teams have figured it with a way worse play caller and play designer

And also, is this per player or per play or what?

I really don't like PFF. I'm not saying it's completely useless. But its notoriety is disproportionate to its actual usefulness/relevance.

This is why I wanted a new offense. It's beyond stale and teams have figured it with a way worse play caller and play designer
YOu were right...this O is stale as all hell. You sit back and wonder, "why was Atlanta so successful against us offensively and why were we so stagnant?" Because we've never seen Atlanta play football like that, and they've seen this same short stuff based O for the past 5 seasons...even a revert to a more vertical attack like '11 would've caught teams off guard...but we just played right into what they expected.

Here’s the thing, we’re top 10 on total yards, top 10 in passing yards, and right outside of the top 15 in rushing yards. And yet our scoring offense is in the bottom half of the league.

That suggest that we’re a bad team especially once you look at the turnovers. We dead last in turnover differentials, have the most turnovers in the league, and we’re doing it both on the ground and through the air.

On top of that, we are 2nd highest penalized team in the league and our run defense is near the bottom of the league.

Then you have special teams…. We are currently hitting 50% of our field goal attempts. That’s absolutely horrible.

The answer is simple. We are just undisciplined and are constantly making mental mistakes. You can’t win playing this bad in all phases of the game.

Here’s the thing, we’re top 10 on total yards, top 10 in passing yards, and right outside of the top 15 in rushing yards. And yet our scoring offense is in the bottom half of the league.

That suggest that we a bad team especially once you look at the turnovers. We dead last in turnover differentials, have the most turnovers in the league, and we’re doing both on the ground and through the air.

On top of that, we are 2nd highest penalized team in the league and our run defense is near the bottom of the league.

Then you have special teams…. We are currently hitting 50% of our field goal attempts. That’s absolutely horrible.

The answer is simple. We are just undisciplined and are constantly making mental mistakes. You can’t win playing the game this bad on all phases of the game.
alonzo-mourning.gif

unpossibe.

Winston only problem.

we gave him weaponz
It's not even the weapons.

There is something seriously wrong with the mayonnaise sandwich offense we are trying to run.

It's like promoting an OC that only called plays once in the past 10 years in a 9 point game wasn't the wisest decision.

It's not even the weapons.

There is something seriously wrong with the mayonnaise sandwich offense we are trying to run.

It's like promoting an OC that only called plays once in the past 10 years in a 9 point game wasn't the wisest decision.
nope. only problem is winston.

Starting Dalton fixes everything.

Even Global warming.

It's mainly because there is zero respect for play action. No one(so far) has been worried about our ability to power run against them so coverage is staying disciplined and we're getting nothing for free in the passing game.

You can tell Jameis is aware of the issue and that is the primary reason he's taking so many shots to Olave over the top. Our offense is getting zero respect, which leads to press-man and a lot of single high safety looks with an extra blitzer coming.

I don't know what the hell "aDOT" is. Don't really care.

But I do agree, in general, that many of our pass plays take a long time to develop. I haven't watched the all-22 of the last two games, but I did watch our first game on the all-22. And this was an observable fact.

When you have WRs consistently running routes that take at least 3-4 seconds combined with a questionable O-Line and a QB who doesn't seem to perceive pressure very well, you end up with what we've got.

That suggest that we’re a bad team especially once you look at the turnovers. We dead last in turnover differentials, have the most turnovers in the league, and we’re doing it both on the ground and through the air.

The answer is simple. We are just undisciplined and are constantly making mental mistakes. You can’t win playing this bad in all phases of the game.
I came to the same conclusion after reading the information provided. Simple - We as you say are an undisciplined team that is constantly shooting ourselves in the foot. To me that is a coaching issue and not focusing on the small things that lead to fumbles, pre-snap penalties etc. Dennis Allen IMO owns that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom