Offenses with the lowest rates of pass-catchers being considered open or wide open...32. New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

You're going to see teams by default bring 2 guys against our tight sets....We're inviting 8 into the box...and the defense is bringing 6...which 6? You don't know and you can't tell...but you better guess right or someone is coming free....it happened twice with tremendous consequences, the sack to push our 2nd FG attempt back -3pts, and the tip pick -3pts...

You can't tell me with a straight face, that when the offense lines up like this and the defense responds by showing zero blitz, that unless your QB is MIss Cleo, has no idea who is coming vs who isn't.
Brah, I thought you knew by now, it's 100% Winston's fault, 100% of the time. It's like that skit on the Daily Show, where dude has the Mexico Card and charges everything on it. Just change out charging to blaming and Mexico Card to Winston . . .

How is this stat tablulated? I'd wager if we were able to look back over the last 4-5 years we'd be consistently at the bottom of this statistic. We don't scheme receivers to be open, we scheme receivers to be more prepared for a quick throw than the defender will be.
Are you šŸ§ serious

I don't know what the hell "aDOT" is. Don't really care.

But I do agree, in general, that many of our pass plays take a long time to develop. I haven't watched the all-22 of the last two games, but I did watch our first game on the all-22. And this was an observable fact.

When you have WRs consistently running routes that take at least 3-4 seconds combined with a questionable O-Line and a QB who doesn't seem to perceive pressure very well, you end up with what we've got.
Exactly. Which points to Pete more than it does Jameis.

So how does it work? You have a top 10 offense, mostly top 5 for the entire time Brees is your QB and he leaves and you become one of the worst? Thatā€™s not a scheme issue thatā€™s a QB issue. You can spin it however you want but PC and the scheme are fine itā€™s on field management of thst scheme that is the problem.
penalties, fumbles, and missed kicks are on the QB? Forget scheme.... its a discipline an attention to detail issue! That's one word: COACHING

penalties, fumbles, and missed kicks are on the QB? Forget scheme.... itā€™s a discipline an attention to detail issue! That's one word: COACHING
Coach is even less responsible for those mistakes than the QB. These are grown men. Lutz hasnā€™t kicked in a year, Ingram has always had fumble issues and weā€™ve been one of the most penalized teams since bounty gate. None of this stuff is new. Deflect, Deflect Deflect. We have 9 turnovers this year and the QB owns 5 of them.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm saying is not THE problem! How are some you so adamant that he's the sole reason why the offense is struggling?
Good point. My stance is if Winstonā€™s injury is affecting his play, why is the team allowing him to be out there? I do not think Cajun hair is better but wouldnā€™t it be helpful to see what he can do WHILE Winston heals for this long season?

I want Winston to do well and win, but I just do not see him Leading this team. Coaches, schemes, weapons, etc. imo ainā€™t helping him and I doubt Winston will prove me wrong. Sucks.

penalties, fumbles, and missed kicks are on the QB? Forget scheme.... its a discipline an attention to detail issue! That's one word: COACHING
No, but interceptions, inaccurate throws, avoidable sacks, lack of pocket awareness, lack of pre and post snap reads, not seeing open receivers, forcing passes to covered and double covered receivers when there's open receivers, and staring down receivers are all on the QB. Forget scheme, those are QB problems.

Why is that when Brees, Bridgewater, Siemian, Hill and Book struggle, it's them, but when Winston struggles it's the coaches? It was the same thing in Tampa Bay.

I mean how unlucky is Winston that he's played for five or so different coaching staffs and he still hasn't found one that is good enough to let him be all the QB he can be.

Not even Payton was good enough to let Winston be all Winston could be a QB. I wish Winston better luck with his next team and coaching staff. Maybe he'll finally get the coaching that's equal to his talents. I have to say that's sarcasm, because some actually believe it's true.

This confirms what my eyes have seen. Defenses are not worried about the run game and our TEs. Most we get is 5 yards. The big run play outside of Taysom has been absent. It's sad but Taysom might be the best pure RB on the Roster. And he isn't even a RB.

The tight ends I think only have 6 catches for the year I believe. RB catches have been non existant also.

This allows defenders to just sit on our WRs. Also even we as fans by now know the exact script of the offense by now. It's rather hilarious.

No, but interceptions, inaccurate throws, avoidable sacks, lack of pocket awareness, lack of pre and post snap reads, not seeing open receivers, forcing passes to covered and double covered receivers when there's open receivers, and staring down receivers are all on the QB. Forget scheme, those are QB problems.

Why is that when Brees, Bridgewater, Siemian, Hill and Book struggle, it's them, but when Winston struggles it's the coaches? It was the same thing in Tampa Bay.

I mean how unlucky is Winston that he's played for five or so different coaching staffs and he still hasn't found one that is good enough to let him be all the QB he can be.

Not even Payton was good enough to let Winston be all Winston could be a QB. I wish Winston better luck with his next team and coaching staff. Maybe he'll finally get the coaching that's equal to his talents. I have to say that's sarcasm, because some actually believe it's true.
Because Winston was pretty functional with Payton. Hill and Simien would be downright horrid this year. Brees would fail with this play calling.

We also have evidence that Drew was not the same QB without Payton. The 2012 season. He struggled a bit that year. He went from a career year in 2011 to a so-so year in 12. I believe Carmichael ran the offense that yeat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom