Offenses with the lowest rates of pass-catchers being considered open or wide open...32. New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

We can’t run the ball the routes and scheme is old as stated and we don’t have a great Oline as we once did . This is probably the worst Oline we’ve had in the past 16 seasons …. Our receivers are good but we have to mix it up

Because Winston was pretty functional with Payton. Hill and Simien would be downright horrid this year. Brees would fail with this play calling.

We also have evidence that Drew was not the same QB without Payton. The 2012 season. He struggled a bit that year. He went from a career year in 2011 to a so-so year in 12. I believe Carmichael ran the offense that yeat

I'm sorry but what in this universe are you talking about? 5,177 yards passing and 43 touchdowns. He had 19 interceptions from having to ALWAYS risk it all because the Saints defense was literally record setting bad. If that is struggling, I'll happily take that struggle. The fact he actually came alarmingly close to replicating 2011 in 2012 without Payton speaks volumes to how absurdly good Brees was... especially now that we're seeing that Carmichael appears to be a colossal flop.

So the schemes that are run by the Bucs and Saints are so bad that if Winston went to another team he could win? You do realize he left Tampa and they won a super the next year and the saints have been a pretty good team the last 16 years? That is the biggest joke I’ve ever heard. If he went to the Bills he would win? So Allen is a system QB or Winston is as good as Allen? Stop the nonsense!

I keep seeing “All 11” screenshots after each game, and they show the Saints with like 3 out of 4 receivers wide open, and Winston holding the ball looking at no one.

Guys are getting open… Winston is just holding the ball too darn long, and by the time he does throw, the receiver isn’t open any longer

Last edited:
Everyone has a significant role. It's why I'm very concerned, because I wish replacing Winston was the key to everything, but every credible Saints Analyst saids there are problems acrossed the board.
While I agree…you can’t change your entire team. The LT position is what it is. You aren’t changing that Andrus Peat is a real life Mr. Glass. You aren’t firing Carmichael. Literally the only thing that is modifiable is the most important factor to an offenses success…the QB position. Whether Winston is hurt or not is really irrelevant…all that is relevant is that he has had 1.5 good quarters of football out of the possible 12 this season. I don’t think that Dalton is the savior…but we don’t even need a savior…we just need a QB to play well half the time. That would be a monumental improvement over what we have. The Saints are the worst offense in the NFL…I’ve seen every team play multiple times…and I’m confident that it would be difficult to get worse by making a change at QB. The bar only goes so low.

This is why I wanted a new offense. It's beyond stale and teams have figured it with a way worse play caller and play designer
Why continue to run a an overly complicated scheme of a coach who is no longer here to enforce the discipline necessary for that system? I am not knocking Pete, but he just isn't Sean.

Doesn't surprise me at all. The whole offense seems to be playing 3/4 speed. Everything looks difficult. From catching to simply running routes, nothing looks effortless right now. It's like the entire offense is pressing. Completing passes in 2022 should not be this hard.

For the life of me I can't understand why Pete dials up these long, slow developing plays. When your QB and O line are struggling the last thing in the world you want to do is to force the line to block longer and Winston hold the ball longer. I'm sure it looks great on paper when they draw this stuff up but on the field it just isn't working.

I'd like to see them come out this week with some simple pass plays that only require one or two reads like what they did with Taysom. Keep it simple and let Winston build some confidence and find a rhythm. Get the ball out quick, run the ball and then build off of that. This week I want to see a clear vision for the offense. A game plan that this offense can execute.

So the schemes that are run by the Bucs and Saints are so bad that if Winston went to another team he could win? You do realize he left Tampa and they won a super the next year and the saints have been a pretty good team the last 16 years? That is the biggest joke I’ve ever heard. If he went to the Bills he would win? So Allen is a system QB or Winston is as good as Allen? Stop the nonsense!
You do realize that the Bucs biggest issues during the Winston years was not offense but the horrible defense, right? When they had a middle of the road defense, they went 9-7. I'm not saying that he didn't contribute to any losses but between 2015-2018, it is pretty clear. This is why they fired Lovie. This is the defense that let Mitch Trubisky toss 6 TDs against them. And then they fired their DC after the first month of the season. This is also the same team that had a different kicker every year from 2015-2019, that's why I always say Succop and Coach Bowles are the real MVP.

And Tampa won a Super Bowl with a different team and different offense. They win nothing without Brady dumping Bruce Arians playbook (couldn't finish a season in a scaled down version of the 2019 playbook) and Bowles defense coming alive at the right time (like they did at the end of 2019, with the Bucs finishing the second half of the season 5-3, and honestly probably would have been better if Jameis, Godwin, AND Evans didn't get hurt at the end of the season). They went 7-5 before the bye and during that time, the only good team that they beat was Green Bay. They lost against nearly every good team that they faced with Brady throwing multiple interceptions, but you know, those are the things that never get discussed, for "reasons."

You can be with fault and still have problems bigger than you.

On the ridiculously bad pass that Calloway miraculously turned into a TD instead of an Int. Kamara was standing on the 10 yd line with nobody within 10 yards of him. One more example JW throwing it up for grabs.

I'm sorry but what in this universe are you talking about? 5,177 yards passing and 43 touchdowns. He had 19 interceptions from having to ALWAYS risk it all because the Saints defense was literally record setting bad. If that is struggling, I'll happily take that struggle. The fact he actually came alarmingly close to replicating 2011 in 2012 without Payton speaks volumes to how absurdly good Brees was... especially now that we're seeing that Carmichael appears to be a colossal flop.
Yes his numbers were good but they were not efficient at all. Point is even Drew struggled some without Payton calling the plays. In 2011 the defense was pretty bad also. Payton's play calling helped mask that along with Williams constant qb pressure calls.

My point is if an alltimer can be 10 percent less effective with playmakers at all levels, RB, WR and TE imagine the impact on a QB that is merely good and with less playmakers, non existant TEs and a very shallow RB group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom