Offensive Line [merged x6] (1 Viewer)

Kamara Time in NO

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No players brought in through free agency, no players drafted and no improvement in the guys already here. How could the organization do nothing to improve this essential area, especially considering Drew Brees is 36 and in the last year of his contract? It makes no sense and it is starting to look like another wasted season due to refusing to improve an area which had to be second in need only to the defense.

Lot of UDFAs were signed but none are showing much promise at Guard or Tackle.

We've got a serious Oline issue.

Did you see the defense the last two seasons? That needed improving too but hey. Draft offense people complain why u didn't fix the D..draft D and people complain why you didn't draft O. Hit on two picks and they want to know why you didn't hit on 4.

Lot of UDFAs were signed but none are showing much promise at Guard or Tackle.

We've got a serious Oline issue.

Untrue. Landon Turner has played very well so far.

But Payton has to trust a player to know what to do at all times. Even Terron Armstead, awesome as he was, had to wait until he "saw enough" of Charles Brown before he moved on to the clearly better player.

There's a lot of season left.

It was obvious the o-line had to be revamped after last season. What happened?

Did you see the defense the last two seasons? That needed improving too but hey. Draft offense people complain why u didn't fix the D..draft D and people complain why you didn't draft O. Hit on two picks and they want to know why you didn't hit on 4.

I'm just surprised nobody realizes that we played two really good defenses the last 2 weeks. This is what we want to do in preseason. Plus it doesn't get any easier next week. In preseason you want to play the best to see where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless, I'm shocked we didn't address the o-line in the draft

I love that we got Lasco...but my goodness, we take a running back of all positions in the draft before addressing our need on the O-line?

I just don't get it.

I'm just surprised nobody realizes that we play too really good defenses the last 2 weeks. This is what we want to do in preseason. Plus it doesn't get any easier next week. In preseason you want to play the best to see where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention we have Khalil Mack to deal with week 1.

This has been a great dress rehersal.

And now we get to bring our boys home. I expect a much better showing with all our raucus Who Dats screaming on defense and letting our offense hear the calls from Drew and Unger.

Also, I really like that this game won't be next Saturday.

But Payton has to trust a player to know what to do at all times. Even Terron Armstead, awesome as he was, had to wait until he "saw enough" of Charles Brown before he moved on to the clearly better player.

I liked What I saw from Landon again tonight. He had one really bad screwup on a twist blitz but outside of that I didn't See anything terrible. One on one, he is dominating people. If you watch, the center Allen stops helping his side and focused solely on the other guard because Turner was doing well enough.

I wouldn't say Turner has played very well. I think he has played well at times but has also struggled. Other people have pointed that out as well. Before you ask, I'm too tired to look them up.

I was hoping Turner would be an answer for us. But I've heard very mixed reviews of him. I hope he improves.

Drew needs to sign a contract fast, because the OL will get him hurt this year and his value will go down next season even on the open market if he is hurt.

I wouldn't say Turner has played very well. I think he has played well at times but has also struggled. Other people have pointed that out as well. Before you ask, I'm too tired to look them up.

I was hoping Turner would be an answer for us. But I've heard very mixed reviews of him. I hope he improves.
Given what I've seen elsewhere, I'd say he's played well.

He's not with the 1s already for a reason. He's got some work to do. But, as I've said, we've got time.

Continuity counts for a lot more than people realize.

I think most people forget he looked like hot garbage in his first start. He gave up 3 sacks to Carolina's D line. To the guy that went Dallas (name escapes me now). Everyone panicked but it turned out Ok I think.

This team is only competitive if the offense is elite. I'm concerned. Brees is not HOF Brees when he is running for his life. I could see the Saints taking a step back on offense this season in spite of the weapons because the OL is that bad. This is the worst OL in the Payton tenure. The defense will be a little better but a little better doesn't make this a playoff contending team when our offense looks like it is ready for a decline.

No complaints about addressing defense. I said they were the #1 area which needed improvement. But offensive line, particularly guard, had to be #2 and nothing was done. Surely there was a guard in free agency who would have been better than what is here. If you have a young, mobile QB, yeah you can get by with some spotty line play. But Drew Brees on the downside of his career? It's just a waste, he won't be effective behind that line and the defense may be improved but they ain't good enough to win the games single handedly. I am very concerned.

No players brought in through free agency, no players drafted and no improvement in the guys already here. How could the organization do nothing to improve this essential area, especially considering Drew Brees is 36 and in the last year of his contract? It makes no sense and it is starting to look like another wasted season due to refusing to improve an area which had to be second in need only to the defense.

Because SP and the Saints FO thought our OL was still good to be competitive. Let's face it: Strief is in his 30s and not a young chicken to face fast and young pass rushers. Our Guard play is below average. And we are trying to force a round peg into a square hole, a la Peat at guard.

We made a mistake in overrating our O-Line during the offseason. Let's just hope we can either trade for a starting G or find one during cutdown time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom