Offensive line tonight (2 Viewers)

saveFerris9

" Still Shaking it boss "
Reaction score
I got a little bit of a late start on the game so wasn't sure who started . I did see that Will Clapp , Jermon Bushrod and Landon Turner played a lot . Clapp looks to be a good smart player he will push for a spot no doubt . Bushrod has a inside track on the swing tackle spot and also as a guard . Landon Turner was intriguing I have been in his corner since we signed him . He played at LG and RG tonight ( was he the first backup in at gaurd ? Didn't turn the game on till the 2nd quarter ) . He played very well at both spots I like his size and strength a lot , he has a great chance to make it . Our 4th rounder Leonard at RT even had the key block on the final TD . I like our depth and wanted input from you guys and gals on what y'all saw .

Yeah Leonard pancaked LB #58 to the ground to send Williams into the endzone

A lot of shuffling late in the 4th it gives me the impression we really will be choosing from 10 or 11 guys and probably keep 8 to 10 . The starting 5 are the obvious . Armsted , Pear , Unger , Warford , Ramcheck , .... With Larebus , Clapp , Bushrod , Turner , Tom and Leonard but he probably is a practice squad guy at first .

One block doesn't make an offensive tackle. I hope Leonard makes it, but I still think we are very thin at the tackle position.
He is learning , he had a couple good moments . That was block was a thing of beauty though he executed perfectly

One block doesn't make an offensive tackle. I hope Leonard makes it, but I still think we are very thin at the tackle position.

Terron Armstead & Ryan Ramczyk are our two starters with out a doubt. They may just be the best duo in the league.

Andrus Peat is really our backup left tackle in that he will play there if Terron Armstead gets injured IMO. Jermon Bushrod will likely mainly play guard, but can play tackle like he has for us in the past. Michael Ola & Rick Leonard are the other backup tackles as well. So IMO we are pretty deep at the tackle position.

At guard we got starters Andrus Peat & Larry Warford. Then we got Jermon Bushrod, Landon Turner, Will Clapp, Josh LeRibeus, and Cameron Tom. At center we got Max Unger, Will Clapp, Josh LeRibeus, and Cameron Tom. So I think we are pretty deep at all positions along the offensive line.

Last edited:
He is learning , he had a couple good moments . That was block was a thing of beauty though he executed perfectly
Exactly. I guarantee if he missed a block that resulted in a turnover, people would say that 1 play showed how bad of a pick he was. I think he was a reach in the 4th like most do, but the coaching staff/scouting dept did not just throw a dart at who to draft that landed on his name. They saw something good in him, and that block is an example of that.

What gets me is that so many bagged on the Leonard pick. Sorry but after last season I’m not bagging on any saints brass. Payton made me sheet up so gets the benefit of the doubt

Yes I’m thinking Rick Leonard is like another 4th round pick we took in 2016. David Onyemata. Leonard has the tools to work with and nice size at 6’7” 311 lbs. I think they see him possibly developing into a starter in a few years. Instead of taking an offensive lineman that has pretty much shown what he has for 2-4 college years, they went with a guy that hasn’t played much there and may have a chance to be special down the road. Just like Onyemata he will not be ready as a rookie, but give him 2-3 years and we may have something special. I wasn’t a fan of the pick at the time, but now I’m starting to see what the vision may be for him. But I think we may have been able to pick him later, but who knows maybe some other teams were high on him like Onyemata.

Last edited:
Yes I’m thinking Rick Leonard is like another 4th round pick we took in 2016. David Onyemata. Leonard has the tools to work with and nice size at 6’7” 311 lbs. I think they see him possibly developing into a starter in a few years. Instead of taking an offensive lineman that has pretty much shown what he has for 2-4 college years, they went with a guy that hasn’t played much there and may have a chance to be special down the road. Just like Onyemata he will not be ready as a rookie, but give him 2-3 years and we may have something special. I wasn’t a fan of the pick at the time, but now I’m starting to see what the vision may be for him. But I think we may have been able to pick him later, but who knows maybe some other teams were high on him like Onyemata.
He showed flashes , so you can see the talent he just needs some time and coaching

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom