Offensive Playcalling, stop with the boring, if we lose, at least let it be in style (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Can we get some fun playcalling. It is the most boring bad playcalling ever. At least then we could have fun while losing. My ideas are lame, but at least we would have fun with them. I don't know why we aren't trying to fool defenses. How about a backward pass to Kamara who then throws. How about Taysom does the power run to the right, with a big wrinkle, Rashid Shaheed lines up on the right, and basically does a reverse where Taysom is hiding behind the offensive line and Rashid Shaheed takes it from him and runs left trying to use his speed and the fact the defenses key in on Taysom. Or how about they do the power run right and a TE on the left leaks out and Taysom dumps it over the top. Or my god, how about a shotgun call to Taysom that is a legit QB call, pass play planned where Taysom is told to escape if the 1st read isn't there. Or God forbid, let's break some NFL rules of not throwing across the body, Have a go route on the left while the QB breaks right, QB can run, throw it away, or try to hit the go across the body, the Go could stop and go early in the play. I mean, I am not an offensive genius, but at least it would be fun and at least then the defenses wouldn't be able to key in as much to the fact that the only thing we can do is run. And now with the OLine hurt, we need even more creativity. Instead, I get to watch a boring arse bad game.

Within two minutes of the Steeler's game, I was already like, oh god, this is just going to be one of those games. Just like the Ravens game, we could tell it was over in minutes. I watched the whole thing, but I would at least prefer to say we lost it instead of watching a 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 go the way it did. The game killed me inside and I am not even that football knowledgable.

Why don’t we run drags and crossing routes? Every other team does and it’s a good way to get WR’s open and the ball out of the QB’s hands quick. It allows the WR to break tackles and get RAC. For some reason Pete neglects them and thinks every route needs to be run 10-20 years down field. Crossing routes would be perfect for White or Shaheed because it’s simple and they can utilize their speed.

Why don’t we run drags and crossing routes? Every other team does and it’s a good way to get WR’s open and the ball out of the QB’s hands quick. It allows the WR to break tackles and get RAC. For some reason Pete neglects them and thinks every route needs to be run 10-20 years down field. Crossing routes would be perfect for White or Shaheed because it’s simple and they can utilize their speed.
Yeah, I am super down with crossing routes. At this point, I want anything. We really don't throw anything to the middle of the field anymore. Like why is every 3rd down thrown 1 yard to the sideline, etc. And the middle field throws are "deep" throws it feels like. I know I am not being entirely accurate with my statements, it just feels like our game plan is beyond boring and every team in the league is keyed in on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom