Officer gunned down for no apparent reason! (1 Viewer)

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
A*A*A*(resize font)(CNN) -*Grief over a Kentucky officer's death is giving way to rage and anxiety as police believe someone set up a trap just to kill their colleague or another driver.Bardstown Police Officer Jason Ellis was driving home from work around 2 a.m. Saturday when he noticed some debris on the road, Kentucky State Police Trooper Norman Chaffins told CNN.When Ellis got out of his car to remove the debris, he was shot multiple times."It was an obvious ambush," Chaffins said. "He never used his service weapon. It was holstered."Other drivers pulled over and used Ellis' police radio to call for help. But the officer didn't survive.Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin promised to avenge his officer's death."It's an eye for an eye. You kill one of my guys, I'm not going to rest until I have you in cuffs or on the front side of a weapon. And I mean that," he said.

Officer gunned down for no obvious reason; police chief vows revenge - CNN.com

This is horrible. Simply killing a person just to kill someone. I hope they catch them soon.

Can't say for sure that whomever set up this ambush was gunning for an officer, but it sure didn't stop them when an officer removed the debris. Just sad for us as a country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom