Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread (1 Viewer)

I don’t know, but if Lawrence says screw Jacksonville I’m staying for my senior year to try and win a championship. Do we tank for him? Lol
Bad move. He's going to a bad team regardless.

Wherever Lawrence goes... You’ll need an elite line to get the best out of him consistently

I highly doubt that the Jets trade out of drafting Fields to build around Darnold.

Jets are taking Fields and trading Darnold.
Before tonight I would have said there was a legit chance they keep Darnold and get him some help in the draft.

But Fields has impressed so greatly that the Jets have to be pretty happy with him as their choice.

Before tonight I would have said there was a legit chance they keep Darnold and get him some help in the draft.

But Fields has impressed so greatly that the Jets have to be pretty happy with him as their choice.
We also got another game to raise his stock.

Same here.
Anybody watching this game tonight and remember the LSU game last year just can't be convinced this dude is a sure fire 1st pick in the draft can't miss prospect.

There is absolutely nothing that looks special with this guy.

I've noticed he hates getting hit in the pocket and he throws off his back foot, ala Chris Everett.

He is doomed for failure.
He doesn’t move around inside the pocket well. And every time he threw off his back foot, he sailed the ball.

Seriously Sunshine is the second coming of Jim Everett.

Good luck Jacksonville.

Anybody watching this game tonight and remember the LSU game last year just can't be convinced this dude is a sure fire 1st pick in the draft can't miss prospect.

There is absolutely nothing that looks special with this guy.

I've noticed he hates getting hit in the pocket and he throws off his back foot, ala Chris Everett.

He is doomed for failure.
I think he will be an above average QB. He could succeed in Jacksonville. Mainly bc they have some solid pieces in place. Fields will struggle with the Jets. They don’t have much by way of talent. I’m not sure how they pulled out two victories this year🤔

Trevor looked like trash. His WR 17 Powell tho.... He's a first round talent.

Lol. That’s why Lawrence will go #1 in the draft. When he looks like trash he still completes around 70% of his passes for like 400 yards.

If only you guys knew how to evaluate pro QB prospects. Ohio St is playing the Urban Meyer system which gets one on one coverage on all receivers all of whom run 4.3 or 4.4. They get wide open all game. That is why Tim Tebow was a 68% passer and Dwayne Haskins becomes the 5th pick in the draft. Because they spread the field so much it’s hard to blitz the QB so he can stand in there and make throws to wide open guys all game. The bombs that Fields threw showed he has a great arm but prove nothing as far as reading progressions and throwing into windows and to throw guys open. Think back and tell me one throw tonight where Fields completed a pass to a guy breaking open behind a LB with a guy in his face. Lawrence had guys in his face all game because an inexperienced playcaller was so repetitive with his calls not fooling the Ohio State defense at all. Lawrence when he had time was drilling deep in patterns, crossing patterns and deep button hooks. There is no comparison between these two QBs when it comes to pro potential. Lawrence’s upside is Manning or Brady with the right coach with no chance of being a bust. Fields upside is Donovan McNabb with a chance to be RG III.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom