Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread (1 Viewer)

With Field's performance it's Looking more and more likely that a top QB will fall to the Saints.

Hopefully Mac Jones.
I would hope not. A product of the system & talent around him. Have you ever seen him throw into tight coverage or actually make any reads? He is a statue in the pocket & I see Payton wanting a more mobile QB.

Last edited:
I would hope not. A product of the system & talent around him. Have you ever seen him throw into tight covered or actually make any reads? He is a statue in the pocket & I see Payton wanting a more mobile QB.
Mac Jones would take atleast a year on the bench to acclimated to NFL talent level on the defensive side

Tua shows sign of struggling to acclimate and he has loads more talent.

I would hope not. A product of the system & talent around him. Have you ever seen him throw into tight coverage or actually make any reads? He is a statue in the pocket & I see Payton wanting a more mobile QB.
The guy has the highest single-season qb rating for a qb ever with 203.

PFF also gave him the highest grade ever for a college qb.

He gets knocked for having fewer tight window throws than Burrow had last year but Burrow also had Jefferson, Marshall, and Chase healthy all year too while Waddle was injured.

His qb rating is Better than Burrow, Wilson, Murray, Mayfield, Tagovailoa, Hurts, etc who challenged or set the record in recent years.

They don't make systems efficient enough to make QBs look that good.

All of those guys are productive NFL qbs.

You would be a fool to ignore that trend.

Last edited:
Qb is the one position where it's ok to overkill, overload the roster in search of the heir to Brees.

Having both #15 Winston and #1 Jones in single-season qb rating on the same team would add extra assurance moving forward for continue success much like with Fitzpatrick and Tua.

Screenshot_20210103-152841_Chrome.jpg

The guy has the highest single-season qb rating for a qb ever with 203.

PFF also gave him the highest grade ever for a college qb.

He gets knocked for having fewer tight window throws than Burrow had last year but Burrow also had Jefferson, Marshall, and Chase healthy all year too while Waddle was injured.

His qb rating is Better than Burrow, Wilson, Murray, Mayfield, Tagovailoa, Hurts, etc who challenged or set the record in recent years.

They don't make systems efficient enough to make QBs look that good.

All of those guys are productive NFL qbs.

You would be a fool to ignore that trend.

Only Jefferson played in every game last season, but are you saying that Jones only had Smith and didn't benefit from Waddle when healthy and Metchie and the other uber talented WRs that Bama has on the roster? LSU's roster was crazy talented last season, but Bama's offense isn't a slouch so you can't say that Mac Jones is doing it with less, he's just doing it with different, not less.

All hail King Mac

Look upon his works, ye mighty, and despair:

Only Jefferson played in every game last season, but are you saying that Jones only had Smith and didn't benefit from Waddle when healthy and Metchie and the other uber talented WRs that Bama has on the roster? LSU's roster was crazy talented last season, but Bama's offense isn't a slouch so you can't say that Mac Jones is doing it with less, he's just doing it with different, not less.
Really?

Chase had nearly 1800 yards and 20 tds by himself.

Jefferson threw in 1500 and another 18.

I mean, let's be serious.

That's nearly 40 tds between two wrs, not even counting Marshall.

Really?

Chase had nearly 1800 yards and 20 tds by himself.

Jefferson threw in 1500 and another 18.

I mean, let's be serious.

That's nearly 40 tds between two wrs, not even counting Marshall
That LSU WR core was insane last year, but so was Bama.

This year... Not so much. Injuries and opt outs.

This dude's really going all in on Mac Jones. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it works out

Mac Jones' top 3 wrs has 30 tds combined compared to 51 for Burrow's a season ago.

I don't know how else to put it.

Terrace Mashall even threw in another 13 tds.

That's 51 tds from Burrow's top 3 wrs.

Who's kidding who here?
On top of having an soon to be NFL caliber playcaller in their back pocket.

Stark is okay, tho.

This dude's really going all in on Mac Jones. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it works out

It's 100X harder to call a good player than a bad one.

But silly stuff like...

Trevor Lawrence ceiling is Peyton or Brady/ Fields is Mcnabb/RGIII is a joke.

Like I see Lawrence ceiling as the following

2020 Josh Allen/John Elway/ 2015 Cam Newton

Fields ceiling is more like

Lite Russell Wilson/ Top shelf San Diego Brees/ Ultra Alex Smith

Mac Jones is all over place for me, because I don't trust the film. So, I just stick around a 2nd round grade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom