Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread (1 Viewer)

If we can afford Winston that maybe the big issue. If someone is willing to overpay. We don't have the capspace for a $20 million QB.

Also, Teddy isn't good. He is a run of the mill starter.
That's valid but time has proven you can win with someone of his caliber. I think the big question is how long will it take to find another potential HOF QB, as there have only been two franchises to achieve that in the past 30-40 years: GB and the niners.

I really like Ehlinger from Texas. What I saw in him last year in the LSU game was very Drew like. Smart kid, reads defenses, accurate throws, and mobile in the pocket. Out of the rest the OP mentioned I’ve only seen Lawrence and Fields play. We have no shot at Lawrence, and I’m just not that high on Fields.

I think Lawrence & Lance will go top 5. Fields probably is the consensus #2 right now but I think he has a chance to fall behind Lance come next April.

Jamie Newman is a guy I wish we were seeing at UGA this year. He didn’t really fit with their meat and potatoes offense in a way I would have expected, but he looks like an extremely talented passer. He spins the ball the same way Russ did back at NC State, and the move to Georgia from Wake was similar to Wilson’s move from NCST to Wisconsin at the time. I like when QBs have an opportunity to see a variety of concepts at the college level.

That’s why KJ Costello is another guy I’m intrigued by. I think he has arm talent and I think moving from Stanford to a Mike Leach offense will give him experience in a ton of night and day concepts. Will be interesting to see how well he can make quick reads and get the ball out accurately.

That's valid but time has proven you can win with someone of his caliber. I think the big question is how long will it take to find another potential HOF QB, as there have only been two franchises to achieve that in the past 30-40 years: GB and the niners.
If the 49ers can advance to the SB with Goroppolo then the saints can do likewise with a guy like Winston.

Don't hold your breath for a HOFer.

Let's start with a capable play-caller who can get the job done.

We have no shot at Lawrence

While that's most likely true, there are scenarios I could see the Saints drafting him (assuming SP wants him, of course). If a team like the Texans or Redskins who believe they have 'their guy' (which is seeming possible at this point) tumble hard and land at #1, then they'd likely be up to trades.

It would cost a ton, and then some, but if Payton wants a guy enough, he'll do his best to get him. It's unlikely, but possible.

I would love to see us land Lawrence but we all know that’s not going to happen.

Let’s say that the Jets land Lawrence and are looking to trade Sam for a 4th or 5th round pick? We make the trade and give Winston another 1-2 year deal and see what we got.

I still like Sam’s potential! The Jets have been trying to rebuild with no real blueprint. The O-line is horrid, the WR well they keep coming and going with the wind change. The kid has the goods and with a coach like SP ! The skies the limit.

Well unfortunately every year around draft time the front office thinks we are more in need of online help then all-pro talent at wr.

The last two years my top guys went in rd two (Metcalf and Claypool) and we have no split end to speak of that can stretch the field.

I'm not sure that Mahomes could do much better without a field-stretcher at this point.

Either way, I think that Winston as a reclamation project + more ball control like when Bridgewater was on his hot streak is the answer to the qb quandary.
Unfortunately? Man how bad would we be if we did not keep restocking the OL? We have hit on some stellar OL picks.

Unfortunately? Man how bad would we be if we did not keep restocking the OL? We have hit on some stellar OL picks.
At some point you have to invest in quality downfield weapons or you get what the team has currently.

Brennan is a RS JR so unless he has a Joe Burrow type year I doubt he leaves LSU this year.

I'm interested in what Costello does at Miss. State for obvious reasons, but I am always weary to QBs coming out of an Air Raid offense. He will only do as well as his WRs help him out.

At some point you have to invest in quality downfield weapons or you get what the team has currently.
I get that we want to talk all things QB related , but lets try to keep it on topic and not spam the thread. This is about 2021 college QB class. We got a lot of games to watch tomorrow. So, I'm excited to see how they play.

Brennan is a RS JR so unless he has a Joe Burrow type year I doubt he leaves LSU this year.

I'm interested in what Costello does at Miss. State for obvious reasons, but I am always weary to QBs coming out of an Air Raid offense. He will only do as well as his WRs help him out.
I'm pretty excited for this game. I think it'll be interesting to see how sloppy it will turn out without tune games. The news I got from both players camp is very encouraging.

2019 Cook was an investment and definite upgrade
2020 Sanders was an investment and definite upgrade

Not to mention drafting and then re-signing MT.

I'd say investments have been made. One bad games does not a busted season make

I get that we want to talk all things QB related , but lets try to keep it on topic and not spam the thread. This is about 2021 college QB class. We got a lot of games to watch tomorrow. So, I'm excited to see how they play.
Doesn't matter who you have at Qb if they have poor weapons to throw to.

QBs like Manning win 6 mvps for a reason, they have 2 HOF wrs to throw to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom