Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread (1 Viewer)

I don’t see Derek Carr in Zach Wilson, but then I didn’t watch any Derek Carr at Fresno St.
I saw Carr at both at Fresno with Davante Adam's and at the Senior Bowl with Garoppolo.

I should know.

I was high on Garoppolo, Carr and Bridgewater back then.

The Quick passing style and the gunslinger flair is almost identical. I would also say that their arm strength is about the same.

Wilson is at times more mobile but that's about it.

Here is Derek Carr at Fresno.

Zach Wilson

I'll give Kyle Trask like 3 weeks into his NFL career before he's start getting called Kyle Trash.

Hot take: Tua's little brother will be better than him.

Lance is basically a Dak Prescott clone.

Fields is very similar to Jameis Winston.

Lawrence is similar to Sam Darnold but doesn't wow you with downfield arm strength.

Zack Wilson is basically a Derek Carr Clone.

My favorite guy is Mac Jones. He reminds me of Brady and Brees.
I try to like Jones, but he's like a Matt Ryan to me more than Brees or Brady. You'll have to sink a fortune into giving him an elite supporting cast to get the play you would want out of him and he doesn't have amazing arm talent or mind blowing accuracy in his tight throws.

SHANE BUECHELE would be another prospect to keep an eye on as a high mid round prospect.

Heard good things about his game today.

Still need to go over his CINN game.

Justin Fields is my favorite prospect at QB this year, but will admit that he isn't a sure thing.

I try to like Jones, but he's like a Matt Ryan to me more than Brees or Brady. You'll have to sink a fortune into giving him an elite supporting cast to get the play you would want out of him and he doesn't have amazing arm talent or mind blowing accuracy in his tight throws.
Really not getting where you are getting your info about Jones's accuracy or lack thereof.

PFF has him as the most accurate qb in all of college football.

"Jones has been pinpoint accurate with the ball and has rarely thrown an inaccurate pass, doing so on just 8% of his attempts — the best rate in the FBS. And Jones has the lowest negatively graded throw rate, too. Sure, he might be helped out some by the supporting cast at his disposal as well as the offense as a whole, but Jones still has performed well in unfavorable situations. His pressured passing grade is the fifth-best in the FBS, and his grade throwing to a tight window ranks ninth."

At this point...

Fields have fallen off hard for me. He's definitely got hit with a sophomore slump.

Zack Wilson may have stole the defacto number 2 QB slot. He has had an amazing season. Fields feels like a regression, but some players need that adversity. I do see bad teams in the top ten avoiding Fields. He's just not a franchise game changer that he flashed last year. He looks like a gamw manager at best, this year.

He is my favorite high ceiling prospect at QB. He's loaded with just so much raw physical talent.

Last edited:
I think the only QB that I see us interested IN GIVING UP CAPITAL is just Zack Wilson and maybe Fields(If he falls and historically speaking.. there is a good chance) if he wins over scouts and does well in their interview process.

Trey Lance is probably not an option because the limited film from opting out of 2020. It's hard to justify giving up assets for a player that hasn't played in over a year.

So, if sitting where we are... The board may just look like the following

Kyle Trask
Mac Jones
D'Eriq King
Jamie Newman
Brock Pudy

I'd draft other positions, because they all look like back up/Fringe starters quality QBs. It's way too much of a crap shoot unless the scouting department really really loves these guys.

I'm not saying we aren't going to trade up, but I feel there is a hard no for trading up for a QB that hasn't played in 2020. Which is Trey Lance.

This Clemson/ Ohio game is wild.

Fields is just on fire.

Yeah, I was never really sold on Fields but he is looking pretty good tonight.
Fields in my opinion has a special ceiling. Like an elite special. It's just if can be developed and reach it.

If Payton or a Shanny can get a hold of Fields. He'll be an elite QB by year 4 or 5. I'LL stand by that take.

At the sametime... Fields can easily be ruined by a really bad organization just like any other QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom