~~~ Official 2023 New Orleans Pelican Off-season Discussion Thread ~~~ (13 Viewers)

cut-it.gif
This is what happens when I use the microphone, I need to check and double check before I post

The win against the Lakers helped. As close knit as this team seems to be, I would bet that the team has taken BI's attitude and considers them a rival.
Having that followed up by this blowout where they were having fun again was huge.
I love JV, but Nance and Hernangomez were better choices to match up on defense with Sabonis as they are quicker (as Sabonis is a smaller, quicker 5)

The effort on defense was much better. They were clogging passing lanes, moving their feet well, and for the most part not getting out of position. Only time the defense was really lacking was for the last 3 or 4 minutes of the first and then maybe 3 minutes of the second.

Overall they played with more energy and discipline tonight (especially on defense). When this team plays hard and with discipline they win even when missing 60% of the starters. The energy and attitude was just much better and I loved that they kept their foot on the accelerator and won every quarter

Nice 2 game run. Let's make it 8 more! We ain't catching the No. 1 Nuggets but 2-13 is about as tight as it can be.

like shooters in a slump just needing to see ball go thru, team needed that win vs Lakers to remind them of how its done.

Great team ball all the way thru the roster last night. Movement, passing, etc. Looked like the squad got some confidence back after brutal 10 game losing streak which will devour whatever confidence you had.

That was a great performance against a really good team. Now just need to start stackin em. Dont need the pressure to go 8-0 over next 8...block it down to 3-1 per 4 and look up 4 weeks from now on a 16-4 run.

Will be nice to see full compliment squad in next week or so for that final end of season 20 games.

The win against the Lakers helped. As close knit as this team seems to be, I would bet that the team has taken BI's attitude and considers them a rival.
Having that followed up by this blowout where they were having fun again was huge.
I love JV, but Nance and Hernangomez were better choices to match up on defense with Sabonis as they are quicker (as Sabonis is a smaller, quicker 5)

The effort on defense was much better. They were clogging passing lanes, moving their feet well, and for the most part not getting out of position. Only time the defense was really lacking was for the last 3 or 4 minutes of the first and then maybe 3 minutes of the second.

Overall they played with more energy and discipline tonight (especially on defense). When this team plays hard and with discipline they win even when missing 60% of the starters. The energy and attitude was just much better and I loved that they kept their foot on the accelerator and won every quarter
Yeah. If not for the garbage points, they would have held the league's highest scoring team under 100 points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
Top Bottom