~~~ Official 2023 New Orleans Pelican Off-season Discussion Thread ~~~ (34 Viewers)

Can't wait to tell my grandkids one day how the Pelicans were 1st in the Western Conference for like a few days that one time. Ah memories...
They was 1st multiple times before the new year.

What kills me that it seems like all that early season energy been spent, teams adjusted, and we've regressed badly.

Screw this team. Forever an ain't s-----t franchise.

Freaking Lakers even without Bron will lap us because one franchise even on their worst year does what it had to try and exhaust their options to win and one franchise stays trying to live off every blue moon good season we have (and our good season last year was a darn below .500 record and first round exit lmao)

Screw this team. Forever an ain't s-----t franchise.

Freaking Lakers even without Bron will lap us because one franchise even on their worst year does what it had to try and exhaust their options to win and one franchise stays trying to live off every blue moon good season we have (and our good season last year was a darn below .500 record and first round exit lmao)
It does really makes me upset how we didn't make one roster move in the past 9 months. Then, the only move you make is too cut future salary. Then, you let yourself get outbid by LA for good players that actually fit... Because you want to act like the price is too high...

But you trade 1st round picks to get Steven Freaking Adams and trade another one to get rid of him. Lmao.

I swear.. it feels like this team only as aspiration to sell tickets... Not compete.

It does really makes me upset how we didn't make one roster move in the past 9 months. Then, the only move you make is too cut future salary. Then, you let yourself get outbid by LA for good players that actually fit... Because you want to act like the price is too high...

But you trade 1st round picks to get Steven Freaking Adams and trade another one to get rid of him. Lmao.

I swear.. it feels like this team only as aspiration to sell tickets... Not compete.
This team has lived off "vibes" since its arrival in New Orleans. They were gonna ride that darn 2 win playoff series vs the Suns till the wheels came off. They do just enough to try and compete but will never do what it takes to ascend to the next level.

Now mind you, it's not fair to a lot of people that our guy we count on is injury prone AF. We can't count on Zion. We just can't. It sucks because he's SPECIAL. But he's injury prone and he has shown nothing to convince anyone that he will never not miss 30+ games a season. What's even worse though is our 2nd star is also injury prone. Just incredibly bad luck.

This team just isn't the same without Z... They turn the ball over... They don't play with energy on D... and they don't hit open shots...

This team has lived off "vibes" since its arrival in New Orleans. They were gonna ride that darn 2 win playoff series vs the Suns till the wheels came off. They do just enough to try and compete but will never do what it takes to ascend to the next level.

Now mind you, it's not fair to a lot of people that our guy we count on is injury prone AF. We can't count on Zion. We just can't. It sucks because he's SPECIAL. But he's injury prone and he has shown nothing to convince anyone that he will never not miss 30+ games a season. What's even worse though is our 2nd star is also injury prone. Just incredibly bad luck.
Some of it is bad luck, some of it is lack of discipline and toughness.

Zion should not weigh 280 lbs at his height. If he lost 30 lbs, his body wouldn't take such a pounding.

BI didn't come back from his injury until he was 100%. I get that it's his body/career, but that's a weak mindset.

This team is probably top 4 in the West when healthy. Unfortunately, we're rarely healthy.

Went to the game last night. We kept battling back, but I knew we had lost when it was 4 mins left and they wouldn't take Hayes off the floor to close the game. His picks are so late and half arse, he never even touches or interrupts the defender. He's a liability, but especially when you are trying to run a set play to pull ahead. I know Nance is out and JV is never used to close games, but I would have rather seen Naji or Billy out there honestly than whatever it was Hayes was trying to do.

That was the best 47 minutes of basketball. I followed on my sports app last night, so glad I didn’t see that fiasco.

CJ obviously not right - this team is going nowhere but down this year - time to shut him down, make it official that Zion is done for the year and just play the kids (Kira, Dyson and Trey especially - where TF have they been Willie?).

Again... Not rocket science... Pels are 7-20 since Zion went down... They were 23-12 before he went down. From 3rd in the West to 10th within that span... (Actually tied for 1st in the West the week before he went down)

Last edited:
It felt like if BI or CJ wasn't scoring, we had no other guys who would step up offensively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom