~~~ Official 2023 New Orleans Pelican Off-season Discussion Thread ~~~ (79 Viewers)

That’s kind of my point…. When you are not playing iso ball all game…. And Z is on the court…. You can kick it out to CJ or BI…. Or Trey.. Or Dyson…. Or Kyra…. Or Richardson. They all will be open.

When you don’t have Z…. BI and CJ better get you 60 all on their own…. Or you have no shot. That’s where we are.

I have my issues with Zion too. He's yet to prove he can stay healthy for us long-term. The West is too talented for him to keep taking one step forward and two steps back.

BI is just too good tonight.

FTR, they had 23 assists on 46 FG, so it's not really iso ball! That being said, the Other Guys have to contribute offensively! Hayes picked up some slack tonight, but Trey's consistency is the missing link. If he would get double digits consistently they wouldn't be in this hole.

FTR, they had 23 assists on 46 FG, so it's not really iso ball! That being said, the Other Guys have to contribute offensively! Hayes picked up some slack tonight, but Trey's consistency is the missing link. If he would get double digits consistently they wouldn't be in this hole.

Mis-leading... and why I am not a fan of stats... There was not a lot of ball movement. It was passing to get the ball into the hands of BI or CJ to go ISO.... over and over and over... and if you were the guy that got the pass to CJ or BI last night... you get an assist... because they were on.

Mis-leading... and why I am not a fan of stats... There was not a lot of ball movement. It was passing to get the ball into the hands of BI or CJ to go ISO.... over and over and over... and if you were the guy that got the pass to CJ or BI last night... you get an assist... because they were on.
The ball was always on the move, they just can't make a shot!!! Trey was 6-20 and 0fer in the 1st half. The only person that shot over 50% was BI. Hell, even AD & Joel were crediting them for their ball movement throughout the game.

Last edited:
Pels took 89 shots... BI and CJ took 58 (65%) of those... we have a different definition of ISO Ball vs Ball Movement as it pertains to making others around you better and more efficient. I don't consider 3 passes and a couple of screens designed to get BI or CJ ISO'ed... "ball movement". My idea of ball movement is... The ball moves from hand to hand to break down the defense until it ends up in the hand of the player with the most high percentage shot, no matter who that is... The opposite worked last night because CJ and BI were on... when one isn't or both aren't... we get creamed because no one else is involved.

The real story of last nights game was the Pels only committed 6 turnovers... and the Blazers shot under 30% from 3.

Last edited:
Pels took 89 shots... BI and CJ took 58 (65%) of those... we have a different definition of ISO Ball vs Ball Movement as it pertains to making others around you better and more efficient. I don't consider 3 passes and a couple of screens designed to get BI or CJ ISO'ed... "ball movement". My idea of ball movement is... The ball moves from hand to hand to break down the defense until it ends up in the hand of the player with the most high percentage shot, no matter who that is... The opposite worked last night because CJ and BI were on... when one isn't or both aren't... we get creamed because no one else is involved.

The real story of last nights game was the Pels only committed 6 turnovers... and the Blazers shot under 30% from 3.
They are running designed sets to get them the ball because they, BI specifically, are the only ones scoring. When the ball moves to the "Other Guys ", they fail to produce. Your definition of iso ball is wrong.

ISO Ball is when a player takes the ball and dribbles on and on until he gets a clear out that results in a poor shot.

ISO Ball is when a player takes the ball and dribbles on and on until he gets a clear out that results in a poor shot.

That's what was happening... They just happened to get one or two passes in prior to that... and they were hitting poor/contested shots... It's not sustainable... we've seen that. Semantics I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom