Official Burgers and Fries Thread (1 Viewer)

RiverCitySaint

Nerf herder
Reaction score
Obviously my favorite is a Whataburger, :worthy: double meat, double cheese, mayo and mustard, bacon, grilled onions, jalapeños and lettuce on a toasted bun. Their fries are ok, but for fast food McD's are superior. But Whataburger ketchup is better.
Add a huge ice cold Dr.Pepper and I'm all set !

Where are y'all's favorite places for this great American meal ?

Excellent burgers will be found at the following plces:

Port o' Call

Times

Triple Nickel

Walk Ons

Riverside Patty

Fast food best burger goes to Back yard Burger.

Last edited:
Those must be pretty localized places.

Another mention should go to a couple of local places we have in Austin : Dirty Martin's and Hut's (voted best burger in Austin many years in a row)

In Austin:

Dan's or Fran's - Best with a drive-thru for a cheeseburger with grilled onions and jalapeños :9:

Burger-Tex - Best buns, fresh made twice daily soft whole wheat. The "build-it-yourself" fixin's bar has pico de gallo. And, they have NFL Network. :)

And as RCS said, Dirty's (cheap and great onion rings) and Huts (for designer burgers).

For speed, Whataburger.

Last edited:
Looking for good food at a fast food joint is like looking for a wife in a house of ill-repute...

The Waterfrony Grill in Monroe serves a pretty mean Hamburger with a choice of chips, salad or twice-stuffed/baked potato. I go with the potato that's always heavy on the green onions.

Port-of-Call has to be my favorite though. You can keep the fries.

There was this place in my hometown that served a taco burger. It was ok. Some things just have no business leaving the taco shell.
Don't get me started on ground turkey burgers. Yeeeeeeeech !

Bud's is tops, but I am still saddened that the Calhoun one has a new sign that does NOT say, "Lemoade." :( Five Guys is solid, but JD's Smokehouse in Baltimore has half-priced burgers on Wed...so yummy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom