* Official Championship week end games thread (3 Viewers)

It's just odd that LSU beat the #4 team in dominant fashion, and these announcers barely mention anything about it.

Do they get some kinda bonus if a Big 10 team is in the CFP or something?
There's nothing odd about partisanship and favoritism.

Last edited:
I don't think tOSU will even make the championship game with the #1 seed.

I don't think tOSU will even make the championship game with the #1 seed.

If they play Oklahoma first they will. If they play Clemson, I'm not so sure. Once again,Clemson is the wildcard no one is talking about.
They are defending Nat. champs and their Qb might be the # 1 overall pick in the 2021 draft. They will be a tough out

After tonight, I don’t see how anyone watching both games can put OSU ahead of LSU.

Announcer: “That second half, Partner...”

How about you watch both halves for LSU. They were dominant from the jump and didn’t need a comeback....against a better team.
After tonight...
1) LSU
2) Clemson
3) tOSU
4) OU

I mean, if we're going to actually follow through with what Mullins says the committee does and start fresh every week. Also, I'm not looking past OU. Their defense is improved. Stop looking at rankings and look at their play on the field. They are better than where they are ranked defensively, just like LSU. Offensively, Jalen is clutch. He has made some dumb moves this year, but he has atoned for every one of them. They're the best #4 team since they started the CFP.

After tonight...
1) LSU
2) Clemson
3) tOSU
4) OU

I mean, if we're going to actually follow through with what Mullins says the committee does and start fresh every week. Also, I'm not looking past OU. Their defense is improved. Stop looking at rankings and look at their play on the field. They are better than where they are ranked defensively, just like LSU. Offensively, Jalen is clutch. He has made some dumb moves this year, but he has atoned for every one of them. They're the best #4 team since they started the CFP.

Possible, but idk. It seems to me Clemson will stay number 3. Nothing has really changed for them. Same for tOSU. LSU just beat the crap out of the number 4 team in the country and proved they should be the clear number 1. OU needed OT to beat Baylor. Number 4 makes sense.

1. LSU
2. tOSU
3. Clemson
4. OU

LSU will beat OU. I think OU will score, but LSU will score a lot more. Clemson beats tOSU. Then we'll see the battle of the unbeaten teams. Two of the most prolific QBs in CFB. I think it will be a super fun national title game. We'll see.

Possible, but idk. It seems to me Clemson will stay number 3. Nothing has really changed for them. Same for tOSU. LSU just beat the crap out of the number 4 team in the country and proved they should be the clear number 1. OU needed OT to beat Baylor. Number 4 makes sense.

1. LSU
2. tOSU
3. Clemson
4. OU

LSU will beat OU. I think OU will score, but LSU will score a lot more. Clemson beats tOSU. Then we'll see the battle of the unbeaten teams. Two of the most prolific QBs in CFB. I think it will be a super fun national title game. We'll see.

That sets up the future LSU/Clemson series in 2025/2026. All indications are Burrow wins the Heisman and goes #1 overall, next season Lawrence could do the same thing. If he doesn't win the Heisman, he's been projected as the 2021 #1 since his freshman season. Both teams are loaded with talent and could be in the playoffs leading into their home/home seasons of 2025/2026 and it's possible depending on how long they can sustain this success have early season matchups and playoff matchups in the same season.

I'd honestly rather play tOSU or Clemson before OU. Those teams are better matchups for what LSU does defensively. Fields is solid, but he doesn't scare me. Lawrence is pretty good with those WRs, but that's just going to be a back-and-forth game offensively. LSU has won all of those this season. Clemson hasn't been tested like that yet.

Jalen Hurts is just a bad matchup for LSU. Aranda is familiar with him, but after the way that running QBs have gashed LSU this year, I'm not buying the 10 points that Vegas is giving LSU. My early analysis is that Game 1 will be tough sledding for the Tigers.

I'd honestly rather play tOSU or Clemson before OU. Those teams are better matchups for what LSU does defensively. Fields is solid, but he doesn't scare me. Lawrence is pretty good with those WRs, but that's just going to be a back-and-forth game offensively. LSU has won all of those this season. Clemson hasn't been tested like that yet.

Jalen Hurts is just a bad matchup for LSU. Aranda is familiar with him, but after the way that running QBs have gashed LSU this year, I'm not buying the 10 points that Vegas is giving LSU. My early analysis is that Game 1 will be tough sledding for the Tigers.

Maybe, but I really don't see OU slowing down LSU's offense. Their defense isn't that good. I think the difference will be LSU's defense getting a few stops during the game hopefully a turnover or 2 as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom