Official Gameday Thread -- Saints @ Bucs (1 Viewer)

And, surprise, surprise, all ESPN and NFLnet talk about is the Sucs and Tommy Boy!

And, how poor lil Tommy had to deal with loosing 2 Wr's and a RB...

sad

It's like the Saints weren't even playing...

smh
No one cares about us, I know that you know that, but I'm going to remind you of that.

If you ever think this team cannot win in the playoffs or can’t win a Super Bowl. Take a good look at the first Ravens Superbowl win. They had Trent Dilfer for QB and he was very unspectacular but their Dbwas bad to the bone! When our D is healthy we can win against anybody. Our offense doesn’t have to do much at all. They just need 14-20 points and the D will handle the rest.
The problem with our defense is they haven't been able to string together a set of games like week 1 or last night. The past 3 games are closest they have come and if we got those three games in the playoffs we wouldn't win a super bowl. That Ravens team had Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes for a very potent running game. They had Shannon Sharpe who was a master over the middle at that stage of his career. In the kicking game they hit 90% of FG attempts and didn't miss an extra point. That defense had 4 shutouts that year and 8 teams didn't even score a TD against them.

I do think we have the talent and depth to be that good but we just haven't been able to string it together for more than a game or two at a time.

Now, we are going to get Harris, Ram and Armstead back headed into the playoffs if we make it. That will be a huge upgrade and help all phases of the offense. Taysom's finger needs to heal to, he has been throwing ducks and it's very obvious he is just gutting it out. We absolutely can put it together but the last time I got this excited about the defense the Panthers and Giants torched them over the next few weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom