Official Head Coach Candidate Thread (2 Viewers)

It's more like the Rooney joke at this point. I think that's why Caldwell declined some interviews.
Agree, it’s a joke. If I’m a minority candidate I would decline as well. Why interview so you can check the box and give the job to DA.

Agree, it’s a joke. If I’m a minority candidate I would decline as well. Why interview so you can check the box and give the job to DA.
Then you would be doing yourself a disservice if you are truly interested in getting a HC job. Yeah, the team may have someone they want to hire and they are "checking that box", but owners talk and maybe they would recommend your name to another team based off of your interview with them.

I'm thinking that with Payton retired, Winston is less likely to sign with the Saints. Part of the attraction for him was to learn under Payton and run his offense. Without that, I'm not sure we have the same draw for him. And, it's not going to be Rodgers or Wilson now. So, it would mean looking for a QB in the draft which is not an attractive position to be in this year.

Winston might’ve signed here with Payton. But even with Payton, there’s a QB vacancy that fits Winston like a tailored suit in Pittsburgh.

Payton will never coach the Saints again. Not unless it’s years and years down the road after anything that will be around next season is gone. Only guys I can think of that did something like that was Joe Gibbs and Gruden. Maybe Payton spends 5-7 years in the booth and we are between HCs and we lure him back. But that’s highly, highly unlikely. I have zero doubt Payton coaches again, and I think we all know where that’s going to be. Feels like there’s a reason Jerrah didn’t fire McCarthy. Easier to fire him next year if he doesn’t get it done than bring in a stop gap on a contender.

I'm still shell-shocked.

But I don't think Flores and Loomis would get along.
It definitely will not be Flores, especially if Jeff Ireland has anything to do with it.

Smart money is DA but they will do their due diligence.

Then you would be doing yourself a disservice if you are truly interested in getting a HC job. Yeah, the team may have someone they want to hire and they are "checking that box", but owners talk and maybe they would recommend your name to another team based off of your interview with them.
That is true you have to do an interview but with one black head coach left, you have to admit that most owners are not interested in hiring someone that doesn't look like them.

That is true you have to do an interview but with one black head coach left, you have to admit that most owners are not interested in hiring someone that doesn't look like them.
This may very well be the case, but regarding Vance Joseph, he was an unmitigated disaster in Denver. Trust me, I was here to witness that mess first-hand.

There are other black coaches much more deserving of an opportunity.

Last edited:
If true feels like Eric Bieniemy would be a head coach already. Respect your perspective and comfortable if ours don’t align.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom