Official Head Coach Candidate Thread (1 Viewer)

If continuity is the plan… then Dennis Allen takes over at HC, Carmichael stays OC, and Nielsen moves into the DC role.
Hire a new DL coach… and likely a new secondary coach because Richard is likely gone.
Yup. That’s where it’s going to go. Can’t see any other way.

I don't see why Pete shouldn't get consideration over Allen. He's been here longer & has never had a shot @ HC unlike Allen
I think there’s a legit chance that Carmichael is just as much of an offensive genius as Sean Payton. He’s got to know this offense inside and out by now…

I wish I appreciated this year more than I did as it was happening. Kind of just feels like an incomplete ending.

I have no particular issue with any of the coaches discussed (including DA), they just almost certainly aren't going to be Payton's caliber. That's the part that sucks. I appreciate everyone's point regarding continuity but I always thought the continuity was Payton and Brees and that is now fully gone.
Man so many of u guys sound like 5th graders. Did yall think Sean Payton was gonna coach until he was 100. Let it go. He has. We should stop with all this "never gonna be the same" nonsense. Jesus. That's a loser's attitude. Oh we don't have our coach or QB, so we should quit. The fans, the city, and the State of Louisiana is what Saints identity. We keep supporting our team the best each of us can and players and coaches will want to be here.

kroiuvy.jpg

Only kidding!

Man so many of u guys sound like 5th graders. Did yall think Sean Payton was gonna coach until he was 100. Let it go. He has. We should stop with all this "never gonna be the same" nonsense. Jesus. That's a loser's attitude. Oh we don't have our coach or QB, so we should quit. The fans, the city, and the State of Louisiana is what Saints identity. We keep supporting our team the best each of us can and players and coaches will want to be here.
Louisiana is the team's identity?

So we're the 48th out of 32 NFL markets in every measurable category...except food.

Yup. That’s where it’s going to go. Can’t see any other way.
Remember though… Allen was an emergency HC for a week this season, and the Saints went to Tampa Bay, without both starting OTs and Taysom Hill at QB with that rag-tag group of WRs…

…and the shut down the Bucs.

If continuity is the plan… then Dennis Allen takes over at HC, Carmichael stays OC, and Nielsen moves into the DC role.
Hire a new DL coach… and likely a new secondary coach because Richard is likely gone.

Actually I think for continuity it’s Richard as DC. We may lose him otherwise. We aren’t losing Nielsen because he’s Assistant Head Coach.

Dennis Allen, I like this guy, he did not get the credit he deserved with oakland, he started to bring in big time players, they gave up on him too soon. He can be a
Great coach, keep carmichael!kd

Actually I think for continuity it’s Richard as DC. We may lose him otherwise. We aren’t losing Nielsen because he’s Assistant Head Coach.
If you skip over Nielsen for DC duties, they will lose him shortly after.
Nielsen is an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks, and I hope if it comes down to it, they would keep him over Richard.

If you skip over Nielsen for DC duties, they will lose him shortly after.
Nielsen is an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks, and I hope if it comes down to it, they would keep him over Richard.

Someone has to hire him as HC to steal him. He’s AHC now.

Do you think the identity of the Saints franchise was the same before Sean Payton and Drew Brees as it is now? The fans, the city and the State of Louisiana respectfully don't win football games. The coaches and players do evidenced by the amount of winning in the franchise's history prior to this era.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say the franchise was going to the dumps. I think we're allowed to have some concern about the franchise moving forward. Winning was a lot more fun for everyone here than losing was.

Dennis Allen, I like this guy, he did not get the credit he deserved with oakland, he started to bring in big time players, they gave up on him too soon. He can be a
Great coach, keep carmichael!kd
He was 8-28 over 3 years. 4-12 in the first year and was 0-4 before the fired him. Not sure they “gave up on him too soon”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom