Official Head Coach Candidate Thread (2 Viewers)

IMHO Pederson's best talent was hiring really good coordinators, particularly Frank Reich and to a lesser extent, Jim Schwartz. It's not clear either of those two guys should be a head coach, but it seemed pretty clear to Eagles fans that Pederson and the Eagles' offense was lost without Reich.
Are we forgetting what Pederson is doing as the Bills OC? Just saying. Coaches know they need to change. Maybe (just like many say with Allen) Pederson knows he had to change.

Going to be Allen. No outside candidate worth his salt would take this job without a QB. Imagine Jameis now signing with someone else, then look at the QB room. Would you take this job. I expect to start hearing that the stars like Alvin, Thomas, and Lattimore are going to want out Soon.

Are we forgetting what Pederson is doing as the Bills OC? Just saying. Coaches know they need to change. Maybe (just like many say with Allen) Pederson knows he had to change.

What are you talking about man? Doug Pederson isn't a coach on the Bills staff or anyones staff for that matter.

It's more than just who's the next HC. What's going to be the team identity? It was always the offense and QB under CSP. Now the defense is the more talented/younger/established side of the ball. Does the team pivot to a defense oriented team? Not gonna lie, I like some bully ball and hard hitting defense.
This would appear , at this early stage , to be , at the very least, where we're now strongest! When CGM returns, we have another bang-up QB competition from JW and TH & even baby Ian Book? We may see Carmichael become OC? There's a list of solid position coaches in our "Building" ( didn't CSP use that phrase a bit too often yesterday? Felt to me as if he was saying : The SAINTS are building, but that's just me?)

The options are strong. So, I bleed B&G ( except the Haslett and Brooks years) until I'm no more. Just now though? I don't FEEL where we're headed, just like everyone else but those who really KNOW!

CSP does NOT go to the "girls" in the future! That's just my guess. Anyway, he just bought another home in N.O. area......He's a SAINT for LIFE!

Going to be Allen. No outside candidate worth his salt would take this job without a QB. Imagine Jameis now signing with someone else, then look at the QB room. Would you take this job. I expect to start hearing that the stars like Alvin, Thomas, and Lattimore are going to want out Soon.
I "respectfully" disagree! Our "star" players? They want to keep our winning culture and KNOW together? They can and WILL beat anyone, anywhere and consistently too!

I'd prefer a coach with a background in offense. The league has trended that way - see the playoffs this year. Offense reigns. I'd prefer a system that establishes continuity on that side of the ball.

That said, I'm not entirely opposed to Allen, though it's not a hire I would be excited about. Wait and see. I'd feel better about it if Carmichael stays and indications were he likes his role here and would want to stick around longterm.

All that said, what about Carmichael as the head coach with a chance to elevate Nielsen or Richard to DC?

I've heard some doubts expressed because of perceptions about his personality, but I don't know how well-founded those concerns are, nor that it would matter. Would he be interested and can he sell a vision for the team and himself as the leader? Of course Loomis has a pretty good idea already.
I covered Carmichael several years ago when he was the offensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech when they had Tim Rattay. He's a really sharp guy, good personality, well liked and comes from a good pedigree. His father was the OC at Boston College with Flutie and later in the NFL with the Giants, I believe. He quickly ascended to the NFL from Tech. I don't know about his leadership skills on this level, but the guy has a really bright offensive mind.

I covered Carmichael several years ago when he was the offensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech when they had Tim Rattay. He's a really sharp guy, good personality, well liked and comes from a good pedigree. His father was the OC at Boston College with Flutie and later in the NFL with the Giants, I believe. He quickly ascended to the NFL from Tech. I don't know about his leadership skills on this level, but the guy has a really bright offensive mind.

Good information.

All this time, I either didn't know or didn't remember that Carmichael was at Tech, and at a time when I was there, too.

That offense, with Rattay and Edwards, was something else.

Good information.

All this time, I either didn't know or didn't remember that Carmichael was at Tech, and at a time when I was there, too.

That offense, with Rattay and Edwards, was something else.
I'll never forget the Nebraska game. Think Edwards' day is still a NCAA single-game record. Even the Nebraska fans gave him a standing ovation after the game.

I'll never forget the Nebraska game. Think Edwards' day is still a NCAA single-game record. Even the Nebraska fans gave him a standing ovation after the game.

That was incredible! As I recall, the stat line was something like 21 catches for 405 yards.

My memory is in the days leading up to the game, Edwards said Nebraska didn't have anybody who could shut him down. Tech lost, of course, but he wasn't wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom