Official Keep Chris Ivory a Saint Facebook Page (1 Viewer)

This attention should create interest for other (teams/fans) who may want him.

...and neither Ingram or Ivory are injury prone or brittle....PT went on IR because of his knee, so I guess he's brittle too...but I forgot people like PT so he' still regarded as the best back in Saints history.

No, not the same thing. Ivory has been injured and missed significant amounts of time every single year dating back to his first year in college.

He is the poster child of brittle.

Ivory played three years for Washington State. Limited by injuries, in 22 games he had 91 rushes for 534 yards and 4 touchdowns, as well as 23 kickoff returns averaging 22.8 yards. When the coaches who had recruited him were replaced by a new coaching staff, Ivory found himself far down on the Cougars' depth chart.[1] In August 2009, Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State team for violating team rules.[4]

Ivory then transferred to Tiffin, a Division II school in Tiffin, Ohio, whose team was coached by Dave Walkosky, a former Washington State assistant coach. In Ivory's final year of college football, he had 39 rushes for 223 yards in five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Walkosky attempted to obtain a medical redshirt exemption to allow Ivory to play another year, but this was unsuccessful. Despite his brief stint at Tiffin, Ivory's performance and speed attracted attention from NFL scouts, and he was thought to have a chance of becoming the first Tiffin player to be drafted by the NFL[5] The Saints became interested in Ivory, despite his injuries, after one of their scouts was impressed by Walkosky's enthusiastic recommendations.[1]

And you know about his injuries here.

None of this means that I don't like him and what he brings to the table, but pretending like it doesn't exist...nah, no thanks.

There is a reason why Ivory is a 4th string runningback on our team. That reason is that he is the 4th best runningback on our team. There is obviously something about him that the coaches don't trust. When PT, Ingram & Sproles are all healthy, Ivory never sees the field. EVER.

Yes, Ivory runs hard, he's fast, and he's explosive. But when he is in the game, our offense becomes one dimensional. Why? I don't know. Is it because he can't catch out of the backfield? Or is it because the coaches don't trust him in the passing game? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that it has been that way ever since Ivory has been a Saint.

The coaches believe that Ivory is a backup runningback. Does he have potential? Yes. Do the coaches feel he is ready to be a starter? No. They have proven time & time again that they do not believe he is ready to be a starter for the New Orleans Saints.

Trade Chris Ivory, get a draft pick back and use that pick on somebody who will be more effective than a 4th string runningback. Cadet is just fine as a 4th stringer.

The only time he is in is to run the ball. That's what's bad when you have certain backs for certain situations. There's no fooling the defense.

I think Chris Ivory is awesome. I hope we keep him and that he gets to play. That's just my opinion. Peace.

There is a reason why Ivory is a 4th string runningback on our team. That reason is that he is the 4th best runningback on our team. There is obviously something about him that the coaches don't trust. When PT, Ingram & Sproles are all healthy, Ivory never sees the field. EVER.

Yes, Ivory runs hard, he's fast, and he's explosive. But when he is in the game, our offense becomes one dimensional. Why? I don't know. Is it because he can't catch out of the backfield? Or is it because the coaches don't trust him in the passing game? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that it has been that way ever since Ivory has been a Saint.

The coaches believe that Ivory is a backup runningback. Does he have potential? Yes. Do the coaches feel he is ready to be a starter? No. They have proven time & time again that they do not believe he is ready to be a starter for the New Orleans Saints.

Trade Chris Ivory, get a draft pick back and use that pick on somebody who will be more effective than a 4th string runningback. Cadet is just fine as a 4th stringer.

Um last's year's coaching staff abandoned the run the first time we fell behind and some cases after opening kickoff......and the year before I believe Ivory was the leading rusher. last year he had the highest yards per rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom