Match Up Official LSU vs. Clemson CFP National Championship Game Thread (2 Viewers)

Nothing is going to come of this. Worst case scenario Jontre Kirklin gets suspended a game and is forced to return the money. Best case, LSU issues another statement and everyone forgets it ever happened.

Interesting stat I read today: After Clemson went up 17-7, they gained 79 yards the rest of the game. That sounds almost too incredible to be true.

Interesting stat I read today: After Clemson went up 17-7, they gained 79 yards the rest of the game. That sounds almost too incredible to be true.
I think most of those were garbage yards too. LSU defense was insane.

All the more impressive considering they had to have been playing with a lot of confidence and momentum at that point.

I didn't want to get into Internet slapfights before the game ... but on another board with college football fans from around the country, a healthy number (maybe 1/3) of unaffiliated fans thought Clemson was just not better than LSU, but conclusively better. By a few scores. I think the previous title game, where Alabama was unclothed, led them to think that the entire rest of the SEC was below Alabama's level ... and 2018 Bama was better than the entire 2019 SEC, so better than 2019 LSU, too. Something like that.

I think most of those were garbage yards too. LSU defense was insane.

I really think us going from 17-7 to 28-7 by half (basically in one quarter) really demoralized Clemson.
Once we got out of starting inside the 10yd line, we were able to open up the play book and they knew it was coming. That's when reality started to settle in. By the latter part of the third, they didn't want any of it. It also took them out of their game plan.

Magical really.

All the more impressive considering they had to have been playing with a lot of confidence and momentum at that point.

I didn't want to get into Internet slapfights before the game ... but on another board with college football fans from around the country, a healthy number (maybe 1/3) of unaffiliated fans thought Clemson was just not better than LSU, but conclusively better. By a few scores. I think the previous title game, where Alabama was unclothed, led them to think that the entire rest of the SEC was below Alabama's level ... and 2018 Bama was better than the entire 2019 SEC, so better than 2019 LSU, too. Something like that.
I met those people on the internet. They're dumb. If they were not aware before, they are now. My only regret this season was that LSU was not given the opportunity to dismantle tOSU, too.

I really think us going from 17-7 to 28-7 by half (basically in one quarter) really demoralized Clemson.
Once we got out of starting inside the 10yd line, we were able to open up the play book and they knew it was coming. That's when reality started to settle in. By the latter part of the third, they didn't want any of it. It also took them out of their game plan.

Magical really.

Totally agreed. One of my friend's son (who is a Clemson fan) was over for the game, nice kid who played HS football...he asked me what I thought. I told him that for Clemson to have any chance, LSU would have to turn the ball over multiple times (self-destruct) because when they start scoring nothing can stop them....

He respectfully disagreed, after they scored their last TD, he was in disbelief and told me LSU's offense is the best college offense he had ever seen....

Totally agreed. One of my friend's son (who is a Clemson fan) was over for the game, nice kid who played HS football...he asked me what I thought. I told him that for Clemson to have any chance, LSU would have to turn the ball over multiple times (self-destruct) because when they start scoring nothing can stop them....

He respectfully disagreed, after they scored their last TD, he was in disbelief and told me LSU's offense is the best college offense he had ever seen....

my good friend played DT for UF in the mid 90s ( he was redshirt for UF for the 1995 UF v Neb NCG ) -
Coming into the game, he held firm that 1995 Nebraska team was the best of all time. He said that guys he looked up to, were coming off the field after plays demoralized in the 2nd quarter. He said he never thought that anyone could take the will from the Gators in 1995. NEbraska did. Quick.

After watching this LSU team, he simply said this iteration of LSU was hands down best of all time.

Full disclosure- he was HEAVILY recruited by LSU ( his recruiter was Coach O lol ) so he still has love for LSU but he is a Gator thru and thru.

my good friend played DT for UF in the mid 90s ( he was redshirt for UF for the 1995 UF v Neb NCG ) -
Coming into the game, he held firm that 1995 Nebraska team was the best of all time. He said that guys he looked up to, were coming off the field after plays demoralized in the 2nd quarter. He said he never thought that anyone could take the will from the Gators in 1995. NEbraska did. Quick.

After watching this LSU team, he simply said this iteration of LSU was hands down best of all time.

Full disclosure- he was HEAVILY recruited by LSU ( his recruiter was Coach O lol ) so he still has love for LSU but he is a Gator thru and thru.
I mean, if we're going to have 1995 Nebraska play 2019 LSU then I feel it's fairly obvious that LSU's defense has a better shot of stopping Tommy Frazier than Nebraska's defense has of stopping Joe Burrow throwing to Chase, Jefferson, Marshall, CEH and Moss. I'm not sure that 1995 Nebraska even had that many DBs on the roster.

EON8BGLXsAIRMiw

The "7" is the most important part and the only part worth focusing on imo. The 15-0 part is probably gonna start happening at least every 2 or 3 seasons since we've already had two 15-0 teams in just six years of the CFP's existence. It just annoys me when people say "in FBS history" when there's probably been less than 10 total seasons ever where a D-I or FBS team was even able to play 15 games when you add the six seasons of the CFP's existence to the few times teams scheduled that many games in the very early years of college football's existence.

The "First No. 1 seed to win CFP title" part isn't really a huge thing either since the format's only six years old and the #1 seed is supposed to win. It's basically saying that it's impressive because the five previous #1 seeds choked or the process failed by not selecting the correct team for the #1 seed.

All that aside, the 7 top 10 victories part is legendary and stands on its own so it doesn't need to be buoyed by hollow stats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom