*****Official Mock Draft First Round Poll (Saints #21)CLOSED. See run off poll.***** (1 Viewer)

Who should the Saints take at #21?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we are actually about to have Moore win this poll. :spit: :spit:

I voted Carradine, who I think is clear cut better than anyone on this list. Patterson can't run routes to save his life. I think this is too high for Allen. Datone Jones is a legit pick and would be my choice if Carradine wasn't on here. Hankins is a pure NT in my opinion, an position where we have two starters already - also, he had a bad senior season and is a bit overrated as a pass rusher. Minter is probably the 3rd best player on this list after Tank and Datone, but wouldn't be a good choice here since we have Lofton on a big deal at that exact position. Watson is interesting, but a huge project and probably wouldn't play much this year. Damontre Moore in my opinion is a bad option here - I would be open to picking him maybe if we had a #1 option because I think Moore is more of a complimentary rusher than a primary guy.

I truly love Tank, I really do. But its hard for me to pull the trigger at #21 for a guy who you will probably IR or PUP his first year, and whose to say how he recovers (Greg Romeus?). Potential disasterous pick. I would love him in the 2nd or 3rd...but 21 overall when you can get a player who can compete right now?

I'll be honest, I need to do more homework on Datone Jones. I agree, Im not too high on Moore even though I knee jerked voted for him. I hate that we traded down. I truly hate it.

To be honest, I'd rather have Minter, Trufant or Elam here.

I truly love Tank, I really do. But its hard for me to pull the trigger at #21 for a guy who you will probably IR or PUP his first year, and whose to say how he recovers (Greg Romeus?). Potential disasterous pick. I would love him in the 2nd or 3rd...but 21 overall when you can get a player who can compete right now?

I'll be honest, I need to do more homework on Datone Jones.
He's suppose to workout for teams before the draft, he'll be ready. I just think he's a guy who hasn't gotten much attention because of Werner, but when you look at the tape, it's clear who is the better player. We're talking about a guy who is probably top 5 if he doesn't have that ACL. With they way they are healing now-a-days, I don't think it's a huge risk at all.

Instead, we are choosing a guy who gets sacks because of his "motor" and has pretty much maxed out on his physical traits. I would rather just trade out of the first than select Moore. Dude isn't the pass rusher he's made out to be around here.

Ugh, why so many voets for Moore? I cannot see taking him at #21. In the second round, maybe, but no here. It's way too high and he may well be a bust. I could live with him being a busted 2nd round pick for us more than a bust as a 1st rounder. I'm just not taken with him.

I also would have liked Jamie Collins to be an option, but as he is not, I cast my vote for Datone Jones. I really don't see an option of "game changer" on this list. Patterson has great athletic ability, but he hasn't produced as much on the field because (reportedly) he's never been good at learning his routes. That kind of problem can be overcome somewhat in college, but is a killer at the pro level. He has way too much risk for me because of that.

the trade down to this spot was fine imo. But to pick anyone other than Datone Jones or Patterson here is just crap. Jamie Collins...D-Moore...to me it sounds like you are willing to skip out on obviously better talent just to fill that OLB spot that everyone expects us to fill in the 1st. I guess im going to have to vote for Patterson by default since i think he'll have the best chance to beat Moore in this already laughable poll, but i can say that in reality i would probably go with Datone

if this was the real draft then trading down again wouldn't be a bad option and probably be able to get Jamie Collins in the 2nd

Or you miss out on Collins like you did Richardson. Trading down has its risks which are now realized in this mock.

the trade down to this spot was fine imo. But to pick anyone other than Datone Jones or Patterson here is just crap. Jamie Collins...D-Moore...to me it sounds like you are willing to skip out on obviously better talent just to fill that OLB spot that everyone expects us to fill in the 1st. I guess im going to have to vote for Patterson by default since i think he'll have the best chance to beat Moore in this already laughable poll, but i can say that in reality i would probably go with Datone

How are Jones AND Patterson far more talented. Patterson is a horrible route runner without a proven track record. And Jones was far from dominant. Collins is one of the most most athletic guys in the draft with productivity to match.

From arguably the greatest defensive mind in football:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/joshnorris">joshnorris</a> I can tell you who Rex wasn't impressed with at his Pro Day... Damontre Moore.I might have been listening in.</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/316947641936269313">March 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am of the belief that Damontre Moore is a fine option. I did not vote for him, but I do not in any way see his selection as a disaster, should he eventually win this.

Or you miss out on Collins like you did Richardson. Trading down has its risks which are now realized in this mock.

Every pick is risky even Mingo.

The trade here essentially takes a pick that is riskier than Mingo in exchange for a second chance to score gold in the next round.

Looking at it mathematically if you think Mingo has a 90% chance to pan out and the guy we pick here at #21 has only a 78% chance to pan out. The guy we pick in the second round only needs to have a 60% chance to pan out for this to be the mathematically better option.

Since he was the best option at 15, Mingo would of been fine with me. I'd like him alot more than taking Moore at 21 but I'm only one GM so what does my imput matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom