***Official NFL Draft Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With about two hours to go, let's get the action going here!

Gonna enjoy the draft with some pizza and beer.

My only viewing option this year is ESPN. My cable company in Tampa came with NFL Network and Redzone standard. My company here basically has ESPN and FS1, with all the other sports channels behind a paywall. Ugh.

It's going to be exciting to see who they choose tonight. I imagine both first round choices will be impact players. Geaux Saints

With the 11th & 32nd overall picks .... 2Options. I personally rather Scenario #1 - IMHO !!!

Scenario #1:

11. Saints select WILL/Edge/MLB Reuben Foster Alabama ...

He is a TOP 5 player & my Favorite Player for the Saints so if we feel his drug test was a fluke and the injury issue is ok then we RUN up to desk! He's a BEAST plugs in at weak side or can move inside on DAY ONE

The Buffalo Bills and new HC Sean MacDermont @ 10th may take him right before us to be his Luke Kleucky @MLB???? This kid has MANY talents and can line up all over the place !!!

OR

11. Saints select Edge Rusher/LB Hassan Reddick Temple ...

He's the fast riser in this year's draft class and we may be a team that has him high I'm not 100% bc lack of body of work but he "can be" the rusher we desperately NEED!!!! The CIN Bengals @ 9th or someone coming up in a trade is threat...

32. Saints select DE Gerald Willis Kansas State ...

This is my next favorite player I'd like Our Saints to get. He can rush the passer, has high motor, fast at a 4.67 40yrd dash so great size/speed DE coming off the edge or can play in some packages where he drops in curl or flat zones from the DE piece of work ...

Plug him in the Top4 along with CamJ, NFairly, SRich and with this guy and either Foster or Reddick at 11th and FAs AJ Klein, AOkafor, resign RafBush our Saints Defense will be helped on this DAY ONE 1st RD!

OR

32. Saints select CB Kevin King WASH ... If DE GWillis is gone (Pitt Steelers @29?) Then....
I'm hoping KING falls to us we NEED CBs and this kid is tall and long (we have big/tall WRs in Division i.e. Julio ATL, Evans TB, and CARs two trees) good ball skills very active cover CB...

Scenario #2 - TRADES !!!

11. Saints move up to #7 in TRADE with SD Chargers for RB/ Slot WR/ Kick Returner from Stanford Christian McCafferry ahead of Panthers... In this scenario, it's a Sean Payton thing if he has fallen in Love with this guy to play the Reggie Bush Sproles role (Jack position?). Looks like it would costs us 250 points so that would be the 3rd Rounder from NE and our 7th and a 2018 3rd or 4th?...

32. Saints move out of the pick with a QB hungry team and they get back some or all the picks it took to get 7th overall. Looks like it would cost either ARZ @45 or Chic @35 or NYJ @38 or BUF @41 their 2nd, a 3rd, & a 5th? ....

This scenario would leave Saints w/ Christian McCaffery & 2- 2nd rounders, 2- 3rd rounders, and a 5th rounder & 6th rounder ...

PLEASE DO NOT TRADE for either Sherman SEA / Butler NE!
They have CBs in this Draft !!!

2017 NFL DRAFT: MY ONLY MOCK DRAFT

1. Browns DE MGarrett Tex A&M
2. SF 49ers S Jamal Adams LSU
3. Bears DE SThomas Standford
4. Jaguars RB LFournette LSU
5. Titans CB MLattimore OSU
6. Jets <TRADE 1> Browns QB Mitch Trubisky NC
7. Chargers <TRADE 2> Eagles RB/Ret Christian McCaffery Standford
8. Panthers DL Jon Allen ALA
9. Bengals Edge HReddick Tem
10. Bills S Malik Hooker OSU

11. Saints LB Rueben Foster ALA

12. Browns <TRADE 1> Jets TE OJ Howard ALA
13. Cardinals CB Marlon Humphrey ALA
14. Eagles <Trade 2> Chargers WR Mike Williams Clemson
15. Colts OT CamRobinson ALA
16. Ravens DE CHarris Mizzo
17. Redskins DE DBarnett TENN
18. Titans <Trade 3> Giants TE David Njoku Miami
19. Bucs RB Dev Cooks FlaState
20. Broncos OT RRamchecWisc
21. Lions WR C Davis WMich
22. Dolphins OG Forrest Lamp CMich
23. Giants <Trade 3> Titans WR JRoss WASH
24. Raiders CB Kevin King Wash
25. Texans QB Deshon Watson Clemson
26. Seahawks OT GBoyles Utah
27. Chiefs DE Takk MacKinnely UCLA
28. Cowboys CB TWhite LSU
29. Packers RB Alvin Kamara TENN
30. Steelers DE Gerald Willis Kanas State
31. Falcons DE Malik MichSt

32. Saints
*IF DE GWillis and CB KKing are gone then the Saints TRADE w QB hungry team and ADD picks in this deep draft class*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom