Official - Please Loomis go sign Ed Reed thread (1 Viewer)

I'd rather go after a solid OLB in the first, Matthieu in the 3rd or 4th for FS, and pick up Revis if Drew and some others are willing to balance it out.

/i know i'm dreaming
//but i'm not the only one

I'd rather go after a solid OLB in the first, Matthieu in the 3rd or 4th for FS, and pick up Revis if Drew and some others are willing to balance it out.

/i know i'm dreaming
//but i'm not the only one

I never thought about the Honey Badger at FS.....could be a great idea!

Reed is done. Watching the Super Bowl it was obvious that his speed and range are gone.

Ummmm.... He had 5 tackles, 1 int, and a PD. I don't understand WHAT you are talking about. Guy played great all game, and he definitely still has athleticism. May not be what it used to be, but he's no slouch, and he is the savviest FS in the game. His brain makes up for whatever he has lost in athletic ability.

I never thought about the Honey Badger at FS.....could be a great idea!

Been calling for this for months.

I was telling someone a while back that the honey badger would make a good free safety imo

Ed Reed would be nice but anyone that doesn't think he is on the downside doesn't watch him. Yes he is smart and can make up for his athleticism but his athleticism is what made him so elite. I don't see Baltimore letting him leave or him even wanting to. The will offer him the most and retire him a Raven like Ray. Baltimore is closer than us in winning a Superbowl I'm sure in his mind and actual reality because they just won it! I would rather go after Rogers Cromartie who I could be a stud and revived in RRs scheme just like is causing in RRs scheme.

If Mathieu gets in the weight room to improve his strength he could be one of the best safeties in the league. He could even put on 10 lbs to make the transition and lose little quickness or speed. With the way hitting is across the middle and all the penalties thrown his size could actual be a positive as he would always be looking to make the pick like Reed instead of jarring the ball loose by going for the head haha.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of money would/could/should he expect? It just seems like we're barely getting ourselves back into the black ink with our restructuring magic

Reed is done. Watching the Super Bowl it was obvious that his speed and range are gone.

Same was said about Sharper. He's a free ranger, and good team mate, from NOLA -- great qualities for teaching and mentoring young DB's in our system. I'm all for bringing in Reed, open arms.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of money would/could/should he expect? It just seems like we're barely getting ourselves back into the black ink with our restructuring magic

3-4 million for one season. Two years, 5 million contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom