Analysis ***Official Saints @ Buccaneers Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the Sunday Night Football - New Orleans at Tampa Bay Gameday Thread.
No doubt tonight's discussions will feature the most intelligent thoughts & comments about this all-important NFC South matchup.

:idee-puis-non:Yes... I didn't think so either. Carry on...

Kickoff: Sunday, Nov. 8 at 8:20 p.m. ET
TV: NBC
Spread: Saints +4.5

Some of the big questions tonight include:
Will the Saints defense show up against Tom Brady?
Can the Saints establish a running attack in what may be wet field conditions?
Will the officials go 'flag-happy' against the Saints once again?

Tune in tonight for the answer to these and other important questions! :winkthumb:

Chew on this for a while... :hm:
Of course it was ALWAYS the norm for New England to have a late season Bye week during their 'dynasty' years, and no doubt it went a long way to helping the Patriots get ready for their push to the playoffs. However, in all the years that the NFL has had Bye weeks during the season the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have NEVER had a late season Bye as the Patriots enjoyed for so many years. Fast-forward to 2020 and the Bucs suddenly have a Week 13 Bye for their regular season. What gives?!?!? :shrug:

Here's to hoping the radio is somewhat synced to the telecast. I would hate to have to listen to Collingsworth. He makes me ill!

So am I correct in assuming that if we win tonight we will be the second seed going forward? Because that would be sweet

So am I correct in assuming that if we win tonight we will be the second seed going forward? Because that would be sweet

I think we would (at least temporarily) be the 1st seed. We would be in a 3 way tie with Seahawks and Packers. Head to head record matters in that situation only in case of a sweep (1 team wins vs or loses vs both other teams) which doesn't apply here. As a result, next tiebreaker applies, which is conference record. Saints would win that tiebreaker (5-1 vs 4-1 Hawks vs 5-2 Pack).

NFL Tiebreakers

I think Green bay would be the first seed and we would be the second seed only because Green Bay beat us

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom