Analysis ***Official Saints @ Falcons Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Need to TEACH Hill to hold the ball HIGH AND TIGHT. And... PROTECTION OF THE BALL is FIRST Priority!!!

When he starts running Ball Security is NOT at the Top of TH's List !

It SHOULD BE!!!

No excuse - esp at the end of game situation!
He needs to cradle the ball away from traffic and go down rather than seek contact at the end of the run. As an every down player need to manage the risk differently.

Maybe there is something to the small hands thing...so it is a numbers game with number of carries.

I doubt that it is not at the top of his list. He has played numerous positions over the last few years. He is trying to make a play every time he has the football. No argument that he has to protect the ball better. I am obsoletely sure that SP has let him know over & over again. He will improve. It is only his 3rd game as a starting QB & he is 3 - 0.

You learn from Pee Wee football going forward: Protect the Dang Ball.

When TH starts running, he carries it only in his hand and lower forearm and AWAY FROM HIS BODY.

All no-no's and inexcusable!

It is NOT at the top of his list when he's running!

He reds to cradle the ball away from traffic and go down rather than seek contact at the end of the run. As an every down player need to manage the risk differently.

Maybe there is something to the small hands thing...so it is a numbers game with number of carries.

Definitely. His hand span is 1.5” smaller than Drew’s. Could surely be affecting his ball control

He needs to cradle the ball away from traffic and go down rather than seek contact at the end of the run. As an every down player need to manage the risk differently.

Yes... and no.

I don't want TH moving the ball from one side of his body to the other as he runs.

I know this goes against the grain, but I don't see TH as a "gifted runner" in the sense that he sees the field, can't make shifty cuts, and avoids contact.

He's more of a bruiser with FAST abilities.

Keep it simple - run to open areas, make ONE CUT if need be, then go down or OB!

And keep the frickin ball High and Tight and CLOSE TO THE FRICKIN BODY and Ball Security is Paramount, not getting some meaningless yards!

Esp at Game Critical situations!

Taysom had been lucky that he’s only had two turnovers. He’s fumbled every game and had several near picks every game. Takes unnecessary sacks, and can’t see a wide open Kamara in the passing game.
These are the things I agree he needs the reps to learn from and improve.

But please call the game better to help him get there.

These are the things I agree he needs the reps to learn from and improve.

But please call the game better to help him get there.
Still has nothing to do with his decisions on the field of securing the ball, getting rid of the ball, staring down the receivers, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom