***Official Saints @ Los Angeles Rams Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints Nation! WHO DAT!!!! The rematch of the 2018 NFC Championship Game in Southern California, as the 2018 NFC South Champions New Orleans Saints are in Exposition Park to play the 2018 NFC West, and 2018 NFC Champions Los Angeles Rams.

Saints are playing a regular season road game at the Rams in 10 seasons, in Southern California for the first time in 25 years, and a regular season game with the Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the first time in 40 years.

New Orleans is also attempting to end a three-game road losing streak this afternoon to the L.A. Rams. L.A. Rams defeated the Saints in their last road meeting, and first regular season game played between the teams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 38 years, by the score of 26-20 back on November 26, 2017.

New Orleans seeks to defeat the L.A. Rams in regular season road game at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, since winning there by the score of 29-14 back on December 16, 1979. Saints QB Archie Manning threw his 8-yard TD pass to Tinker Owens, Michael Strachan scored two touchdown runs from 1-yard, and 10-yards, DL Elois Grooms sacked L.A. Rams QB Vince Ferragamo for a safety, and Garo Yepremian kicked three field goals from 35 and 24 yards in the third quarter, and his three PAT'S to complete the game scoring for the Saints. L.A. Rams moved down south to play their home games at Anaheim Stadium in 1980.

Saints later defeated the L.A. Rams again, 15 years later. Mario Bates scored three touchdown runs from 26 yards, 11 yards, and 1 yard, all in the second quarter, to help New Orleans defeat the L.A. Rams by the score of 31-15, in both the Saints last win and meeting, at both Anaheim Stadium and Southern California, back on December 4, 1994. L.A. Rams moved the following year to St. Louis, where the franchise would stay in The Gateway City for 21 years.

New Orleans most recent road win over the Rams was their 28-23 win played at the Trans World Dome in Downtown St. Louis back on November 15, 2009. A Courtney Roby 97-yard kickoff return to start the second half, and Drew Brees 27-yard TD pass play to Robert Meachem in the fourth quarter broke a 14-14 halftime tie.

L.A. Rams though still leads the all-time regular season series, including 2 postseason games (2000 and 2019) over New Orleans at 42-34-0 in this afternoon's 77th meeting.

NFL On FOX #1 broadcast team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, along with sideline reporters and interviewers Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink, are announcing the primary late doubleheader game in the majority of the USA, including locally on WVUE Fox Channel 8, live on HD.

A mix of clear and partly cloudy skies at 88 degrees, feels like 89 degrees, is the local gamecast inside the L.A, Memorial Coliseum, for the 3:25 PM Central Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 41% humidity, and mild southwest winds at 3 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Walt Anderson leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the game action on the Memorial Coliseum playing field
between the Saints and L.A. Rams.

Visiting Saints are wearing their gold helmets, Nike black jerseys, and gold pants, while the host L.A. are wearing their white and blue helmets, and Nike white and blue jerseys and pants.

NO injuries to the Saints and L.A. Rams players, Hope our Saints win two games in a row from L.A. by tonight, and GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!!

2019 Saints @ Los Angeles Rams Broadcast Info, Gameday Guide, Team Injury Report, Live NFL Game Center, NFL On CBS Late Doubleheader Game TV Distribution Map In Red, And WWL Live Radio Audio Links:

Last edited:
3:25 PM Central Daylight Time can't come soon enough for me.
We need this game for a lot of reasons, but primarily because I don't want anyone to assume that the 'best team won' at the Superdome last January.
That would just make my blood start boiling all over again. Let's shut them up today! :9:

Soon as I opened my eyes in bed this morning....I said ....”it’s time....”

Thankfully my gf was still asleep and didn’t hear me.

Patriots at the tanking Dolphins is such a wasted time slot. The only alternative game I have is Dallas at Washington. :poop:

Dead on SR today for a gameday...

Inactives posted --
Saints:
Austin Carr WR
Ken Crawley CB
Nick Easton C
Ethan Greenidge OT
Saquan Hampton DB
Sheldon Rankins DT
Taylor Stallworth DT

Rams:
Bobby Evans OT
David Long DB
Johnny Mundt TE
Obo Okoronkwo LB
Coleman Shelton C
Nsimba Webster WR
Darious Williams DB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom