***Official Saints @ Los Angeles Rams Game Day Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I'll try to rationalize it.

1. We were thin at WR and Hill was already taking snaps there and TE during the off season.

2. The Saints really need to know what they have in Teddy. They are trying to give him confidence. Pulling him after a few drives could kill any confidence he has and the Saints have.

With that said after this game it all needs to be evaluated.

So now they know what they have in Bridgewater, a giant pile of poo.

Looking at the way Brees was pin-pointing his passes before the injury, I'm positive the Saints would have taken this game. The season will depend on the seriousness of Drew's thumb injury.
But the Rams aren't the class of the NFC by any means. The Saints really played poorly today after Brees went down.
The offensive play really wore down the defense. The officiating had a tremendous impact on the offense though.

Last edited:
The offensive play really wore down the defense. The officiating had a tremendous impact of the offense though.
There was the SNAFU that took away a TD, but the real referee telling tale was when TQ Smith gets his helmet ripped off - no call. Next play a good pickup by Bridgewater on a scramble and, of course, a "hold" on Clapp that was very lame, especially in comparison to the muggings that Cam Jordan endured. There was no way this game was going to be close.

Last edited:
The backup job is Bridgewaters. He will get a few games at least to prove he can do it. So yall best just get ready for it.

There was the SNAFU that took away a TD, but the real referee telling tale was when TQ Smith gets his helmet ripped off - no call. Next play ahold pickup by Bridgewater on a scramble and, of course, a "hold" on Clapp that was very lame, especially in comparison to the muggings that Cam Jordan endured. There was no way this game was going to be close.
Dude, I could not agree more and think I made the same comments earlier in the thread (can't remember bc I didn't post even half of what I thought).

One thing I've gotta mention though that I don't think has gotten enough attention in the #2 QB debate is TB's apparent inability to scramble/run the ball like he did pre-injury (which is the QB we traded for) like he did in his "Pro Bowl" season while Hill has shown he can not only go through his progressions but also tuck it and pick up substantial yardage when he does.

I just went and had a jam session on the drums to literally beat out the frustration of that game. Took me like 11 tries to make this an error free reply, of course. (13 now with that last sentence - heck, 15 if I can finish this parenthetical without screwing up...)

Why? They're a good team.
So...I guess your take seems to be that my comment came about because I think the Rams are a bad team. Don't you think it would be more objective to consider there could be reasons for an individual to dislike a certain team, other than them having an untalented roster?
I must say I find the idea rather alien that just because a given team is "good" that we're all meant to like them. I guess people have different ideas of what fandom should look like. What else can I tell you?

So...I guess your take seems to be that my comment came about because I think the Rams are a bad team. Don't you think it would be more objective to consider there could be reasons for an individual to dislike a certain team, other than them having an untalented roster?
I must say I find the idea rather alien that just because a given team is "good" that we're all meant to like them. I guess people have different ideas of what fandom should look like. What else can I tell you?
That's why I asked. Wanted to know your take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom