***Official Saints @ Panthers Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

There is ZERO chance we beat the Packers in the playoffs. The refs will never allow it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see SEA take their foot off the gas since they're locked out from the bye now and their two scenarios are:

1. Win to end up 12-4, get the 3 seed, and host MIN.

2. Lose to end up 11-5, get the 5 seed, and play PHI/DAL on the road.

I don't think there's nearly enough upside to risking injuries to starters just to gain homefield advantage in a game where neither opponent is noticeably better and your team is already reeling from injuries.
No way! They want that 1st playoff game at home. Are you crazy? Plus they want to be division champs!
To think any team would prefer to tank and play their 1st playoff game on the road, is ridiculous.

It is one of those years when you have had a successful season, but everything else went against you. The niners lucky plays, the injury to Brees in Rams game with the fumble return for a TD not called, the Packers lucky two wins against the Lions, the lucky win by Niners against the Rams last week...etc. Saints just did not have enough else go their way. They have an uphill battle folks. Plain and simple.

We went 5-0 with Teddy being a game manager. If that ain't luck, what is?

Some people will deny this and say the l to the 49ers is what hurt. I don't agree. The 49ers are a good team. We knew that game would be hard. I just hate that they got a first round bye and lost to 2 trash teams.

Good grief. Let it go. The Saints will be fine on the road or at home. They're peaking at the right time. fork the losses. 13-3 is an awesome season, especially considering Brees was out 5 games. The pessimism is ridiculous.

There is ZERO chance we beat the Packers in the playoffs. The refs will never allow it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see SEA take their foot off the gas since they're locked out from the bye now and their two scenarios are:

I don't think there's nearly enough upside to risking injuries to starters just to gain homefield advantage in a game where neither opponent is noticeably better than the other and your team is already reeling from injuries.

Ummmm.... I think if today's games taught us anything, it's that NFL games simply don't follow that script. They don't... This isn't the NBA, teams don't strategically angle for what "might" be a better playoff matchup. As gross as this league is, the players do tend to play the games like it's the last game they'll ever play.

Seattle is not rolling over against their biggest rival. At all.

All I know is this Packers team is the 5th best team in the NFC and could end up the 1 seed. We get a lucky weather break in Lambeau and we can beat them by 2 TDs. They have nothing that scares anyone except potential single digit temps to neutralize the other team somewhat.
If Payton calls a balanced game if the Saints wind up in GB, it will be a runaway Saints game. Green Bay hasn't shown that it can be a really good team this year.

I don't think there's nearly enough upside to risking injuries to starters just to gain homefield advantage in a game where neither opponent is noticeably better than the other and your team is already reeling from injuries.

Seattle still has something to play for. They'd love to have their first playoff game at home. The refs and weather scare me if we play the pack,but they been feasting on trash teams. We can take them as long as there's not a blizzard.

I shouldn’t be this annoyed on a day when the Saints win in a blowout. That late slide penalty was infuriating.
That play should not have been called. Most officials are making it an automatic call regardless. Today's call was bs.

All I know is this Packers team is the 5th best team in the NFC and could end up the 1 seed. We get a lucky weather break in Lambeau and we can beat them by 2 TDs. They have nothing that scares anyone except potential single digit temps to neutralize the other team somewhat.
Global warming baby. It’s all Trumps fault

Seattle still has something to play for. They'd love to have their first playoff game at home. The refs and weather scare me if we play the pack,but they been feasting on trash teams. We can take them as long as there's not a blizzard.
If there's a blizzard, you do just what the Packers will do...run the ball. The Saints have a better Defense that the Packers do. So it should be advantage Saints in that kind of weather.

The way the refs fork with things, we'd have to very comfortably outplay them and that's extremely unlikely since we tend to scrape by in cold weather games for close wins or we lose. Unless I'm forgetting something, the 47-10 game against the Bills is probably our only 20-point win in cold weather under Payton/Brees. We're gonna have to play a game equivalent to that kind of arse kicking to beat them since the refs will definitely account for an extra 14-21 points with 3rd/4th down bailouts for GB when they're on offense and drive-killing flags on our possessions. If we do actually end up playing in Lambeau, watch how many times flags cause us to have to go 15+ yards for a first down.

If there's a blizzard, you do just what the Packers will do...run the ball. The Saints have a better Defense that the Packers do. So it should be advantage Saints in that kind of weather.

Definitely. I think with Murray and AK, and even Hill, running the ball will be important on the road. I'm not too worried though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom