***Official Saints @ Panthers Monday Night Football Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints Nation, WHO DAT!!!!! Our 11-2 and 2018 NFC South Champions New Orleans Saints are in Charlotte, North Carolina, to play the 6-7 Carolina Panthers.

With the LA Chargers upsetting at the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday Night, and the Philadelphia Eagles defeating at the LA Rams earlier on Sunday Night, our Saints own the best record in the NFL at 11-2, with the LA Rams, LA Chargers, LA Rams, and KC Chiefs all tied at 11-3.

New Orleans are on a three-game regular season losing streak over Carolina, but the Panthers have the #1 Rushing Defense in the NFL after 15 weeks of regular season action. Panthers also have lost their last four games by 7 points or less.

This regular season is out of the norm, if not unusual this regular season, as both New Orleans and Carolina finally face each other in a divisional battle so late in the 2018 NFL Regular Season in Week 15, and will complete their home-and-home series at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on the Week 17 Season Finale on December 31.

A win by our Saints on Monday Football, would even the all-time series at 24 wins and 24 losses, At the moment before tonight's MNF game, Carolina leads New Orleans at 24-23-0, including 46 regular season game and 1 post season game (2017 NFC Wild Card Game, won by the Saints 31-26) in both teams 47th divisional meeting.

NO injuries, defeat Carolina to make it a four-game winning streak, win your 12th game in 2018, and dedicate each game and season for Mr. Tom Benson, and GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It's hard to imagine how much more important these football games can get with each passing week. I know that we always say it, but this game tonight is HUGE and it will go a long way in determining the NFC's #1 Seed in the playoffs! For a regular season game, it just don't get much bigger than this!

Geaux Saints! :happy0005::cheer: :youpi-12:

The issue with Cam's shoulder causes him to lose arm strength as the game goes along.

If I'm DA, I start off by playing defense similarly to how the Eagles played last night (keep everything underneath, and force a lot of short throws). In the 2nd half, and especially the 4th quarter, start playing more press coverage and challenge Cam to beat you with the deep throw.

Part of that is because Funchess has been phased out of the offense, and DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel are both burners who can beat us deep, but not when Cam can no longer throw the ball more than 30 yards through the air.

Some ups some downs before this one starts.

What I want to see if the Saints are going to win this
1.) Need to some some kind of early spark on Offense to generate some rhythm, and move the ball early. Can't afford another slow start, as it will be a here we go again. I think we need to see some early runs to move the chains. I want to see some kind of trickery type play with Taysom Hill on a sweep, or reverse.

2.) Defense needs to match the Panthers intensity on the first drive. We all know that this game is the Panthers season, especially since Minnesota, and Washington won. I think the Saints need some kind of early pressure on Cam Newton, he's been shaky the last few games but the Saints can't let him get big plays early on, as that will give Carolina momentum to hang in the game.

What I don't want to see.
1. #22 McCaffrey getting loose on big plays. He is dangerous, he will get yards, just need to contain him because he will hurt you with a huge play if you are out of your gaps, or take a poor angle at him coming out of the backfield as a receiver.

2. Offensive sloppiness, if the Saints come out sloppy and miss blocks, have negative plays on 1st and 2nd down they will fall behind the chains, and that just cannot happen on the Road against a desperate team.

The saints path to victory against the Panthers is the same as it has been in previous years.

-Make Cam Newton beat you through the air.
-Force field goal attempts.
-Stay in front of the chains on offense.
-Limit turnover.

I think we are all pretty much expecting a close game tonight. The panthers have talent on both sides of the ball but we should win if we don’t kill ourselves . We are a better team than the panthers with a lot more to play for than them. I expect us to win a close hard fought game.

Cam already throwing passes to us lol! Who Dat!!

WHO DAT! Ready for kickoff. They will try to pressure Brees up the middle and force the Saints to beat them in the air. A big component to the Saints' success this year has been long extended drives featuring screens, slants, and a heavy dose of Kamara/Ingram. Hopefully Brees calls their bluff and has a signature game.

As far as Panthers: saints will have to focus on McCaffrey who, by all accounts, should be the X-Factor tonight for the Panthers.

Looking forward to a good, clean game. Hopefully no injuries (knock on wood), and want to see the Saints get a comfortable win in order to have some flexibility in the coming weeks to potentially rest some starters.

Mccaffery is a key. Shut him down.
Hit Cam early and often and hopefully pick him off early.
Enjoy the resultant meltdown

Just saw Harper. I think his neck is still playing @ an All Pro level!

This game will be huge. To have a 1 game lead on the #1 seed with 2 games at home left...

Did Brees say step on their throats in the pregame huddle?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom