Official Saints Report Smokers Thread (Meat) (2 Viewers)

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought a Traeger Pro 780, doing my first brisket for some friends and family. 49ers game and food obviously.

6.5 brisket flat
Pit Boss Sweet Heat rub
Traeger Signature Blend Pellets (hickory, maple,cherry)

CA22130B-1E7B-46E9-B97A-4A00E4FDE377.jpeg
Ready to go on, grill at 180 degrees last night.

Last edited:
Never used a pellet smoker.

How do you like it?

My neighbor has a pecan tree that gives me plenty of smoking wood so I never even consider a pellet one.

Never used a pellet smoker.

How do you like it?

My neighbor has a pecan tree that gives me plenty of smoking wood so I never even consider a pellet one.
Love it so far, it connects to my phone via WiFi and the Traeger app. I can watch the temperatures and make adjustments and set timers/set points.

Love it so far, it connects to my phone via WiFi and the Traeger app. I can watch the temperatures and make adjustments and set timers/set points.

Sweet. Sounds like a great rig.

My rig is long from dead. I fact it is homemade and gonna out last me so I will just hang out in the yard with the dogs and smoke without an app

Nice, I run a good old weber kettle with the slow n sear; it does well but I keep lusting over a reverse flow stick burner.

I may settle for the pit barrel cooker.

I have a large BGE. Been 2-3 months since I smoked a brisket. A friend of mine has a traeger. He really likes it and I’ve eaten some good grub off it. He doesn’t buy the traeger pellets though. He uses some other brand. He said the traeger brand are crap.

I have a large BGE. Been 2-3 months since I smoked a brisket. A friend of mine has a traeger. He really likes it and I’ve eaten some good grub off it. He doesn’t buy the traeger pellets though. He uses some other brand. He said the traeger brand are crap.
I’ve read some other brand pellets will jam the auger. Curious what your friend uses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom