***Official Saints Vs. Eagles 2019 NFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints Nation, WHO DAT!!!!!! Our #1 NFC Playoff Seed, 13-3, and 2018 NFC South Division Champions New Orleans Saints begin their 2019 NFL Postseason, as they host the #6 seed, 9-7, and defending Super Bowl LII Champions Philadelphia Eagles in this afternoon's 2019 NFC Divisional Round Playoff Game.

New Orleans already both clinched and used their playoff bye week, and the home field advantage prior to Super Bowl LIII. Saints are favored and should defeat the Philadelphia Eagles, and a win would mean a return of the Los Angeles Rams to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for the NFC Championship Game.

#2 NFC playoff seed L.A. Rams earlier defeated the #6 seed Dallas Cowboys 30-22 at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum on Saturday Night. If somehow the Eagles upset our Saints in this NFC Divisional Round Playoff Game (hopefully not!), then Philadelphia travels to L.A. to play the L.A. Rams in the 2019 NFC Championship Game.

Philadelphia returns to New Orleans where the Saints routed the Eagles 48-7 in the Week 11 meeting played during ESPN's Monday Night Football back on November 18, 2018.

Philadelphia also earned the right to play New Orleans, defeating the #3 seed Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Bears kicker Cody Parkey's field goal attempt to potentially win the game, 'double-doinked' at the crossbar in the end zone at Soldier Field. Eagles 16-15 win at Chicago last Saturday was their first playoff win since the 2009 NFL postseason.

Saints accomplished winning their seventh division championship during and after the completed 2018 NFL regular season, and also their fifth division title as the NFC South Champions.

Head Coach Sean Payton's added incentive and motivation in the Saints locker room with the Vince Lombardi Trophy they won in Super Bowl XLIV the team won from Miami in 2009, the three armed guards, and $201,000 in cash is a strong gesture and urgency by Coach Payton to win it all hopefully, in Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta in February.

New Orleans is in their twelfth playoff appearance in their 52 years of existence team history this afternoon, and their second consecutive postseason. I am sure the Saints do not want to see and can not afford to see another heartbreak and major disappointment when they lost at the Minnesota Vikings by the score of 29-24 in the 2018 NFC Divisional Round Playoff Game.

New Orleans was leading 24-22 with 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter, until Saints cornerback Ken Crawley missed and passed from tackling Vikings WR Steffon Diggs, after he caught a pass from QB Case Keenum from the shotgun formation, then Diggs sprinted beside the near sidelines, for the game-winning 61-yard touchdown run, and Minnesota won 29-24 back on January 14, 2008. Diggs play was known as the 'Minnesota Miracle,' at the Saints expense and elimination from the playoffs.

New Orleans is 1-2 in postseason games played with the Philadelphia Eagles. Eagles defeated our Saints 36-20 in the 1992 NFC Wild Card Game played in New Orleans, but the Saints later defeated the Eagles in the 2006 NFC Divisional Playoff Game 27-24, and again played in New Orleans, and the Saints again upset the Eagles in Philadelphia, winning 27-24, in the 2013 NFC Wild Card Playoff Game.

Philadelphia though leads the all-time series over New Orleans with their 17-14-0 record, including the 28 regular season, and the 3 postseason games, in this afternoon's 32nd all-time meeting.

Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporters and interviewers Pam Oliver and Kevin Schrager, for The NFL On FOX, seen in the USA, including locally in NOLA on WVUE Fox Channel 8, internationally, and online through your local cable provide in your computer and personal devices, and the live Fox network coverage free in your cell phone through the NFL mobile app.

Kickoff from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome is by 3:40 PM Central Standard Time.

Referee Carl Cheffers, in his 19th season and 11th as a referee, leads his 7-man NFL officiating crew to supervise the live game action on the field between the Saints and the Eagles.

NO injuries, ground the Eagles, Win This Game Again not only for Drew Brees, But For The Late And Great Mr. Tom Benson, His Family, The Saints Front Office And Management, The Players, And Especially The Saints Fans, The Who Dat Nation! GEAUX SAINTS, AND WHO DAT!!!!

Saints Vs. Eagles 2019 NFC Divisional Playoff Round Online Info, Gameday Guide, Live NFL Game Center, And Team Injury Reports:

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...w-orleans-saints-vs-philadelphia-eagles-x5431

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/ne...fc-divisional-playoffs-vs-philadelphia-eagles

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019011301/2018/POST19/Eagles@Saints#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/injury-report

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/injury-report

Last edited:
Well written. I’m so excited and nervous right now. I believe and have faith though. The saints have only made the playoffs so many times... so I don’t ever take this for granted.

Well written. I’m so excited and nervous right now. I believe and have faith though. The saints have only made the playoffs so many times... so I don’t ever take this for granted.

Amen.
I’m nervous for Drew. I want him to get another Lombardi badly.

Leggo, and Who Dat!!!!!!!!! I am tingling with nervous energy all over.

I'm glad this game is being played in NO at the Dome as it is cold and snowing in the Philly area today.

I don't care HOW or by HOW MUCH... I want to win this game this afternoon and advance to the NFC Championship Game!
The fans are ready to explode both inside and outside the Superdome and Saints fans everywhere will be WHO DAT! chanting all over the WORLD!
Let's do this! I am so ready! :9:

Let's shut the analysts and commentators up that are talking about the Eagles getting revenge from the beat down the Saints gave them earlier this year. No respect from any of them! Best record in football, number 1 seed and still no respect. Take it to them again and show them all what's up!

This eagles team is much better than the team we played earlier this season.

The eagles will attack our secondary , but we need to play strong red zone defense and force field goals.

On offense we can’t turn the ball over and we have to play better than what we did during the last quarter of the season. I’m hoping Brees can get back into form and we can regain our identity offense.

From top to bottom we are a better team than the Eagles but I certainly expect a tough game today. It’s the playoffs after all .

WHO DAT ⚜️

Lets win with a big blow out win!
I wont be around this thread once the game starts. Its just too stressfull ?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Mohamed Sanu is a guest on the UK's live NFL show this evening and they were discussing Brady.

A fan tweeted in to say Brady's greatest game was the comeback win in SB 51

(Wish I'd thought of it)

It was beautiful !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom