***Official Saints Vs. Redskins Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I am so proud of this team right now!!

They never gave up!!..................that's the character of a good team!!

Eeeerilly similar to the '09 season when they beat the Skins in OT!!

I can't believe all the negativity in this thread. I had to turn off the computer, because you guys were ruining my positivity. I'm glad I never lost hope.

Thought we were absolutely out of it. An incredible few minutes at the end. My girlfriend came into the room and asked me to zip up her dress for work (820am in the morning here) as Kamara went for that 2 point conversion. Nearly broke the zip off out of sheer nerves/excitement and she angrily left without me. Happy for that to happen every week if it means we finish games like that!

We're a 2nd half team. Well be ok and pull off the win. Book it!

QUOTE=CTSaint;6953829]This drive either seals the deal for the skins or we make a 2nd half comeback!

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Don't want to toot my own horn but...[emoji351][emoji350][emoji397]

I have yet to watch the 2nd half of any game this year..so THank ME! [emoji23]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They are handing out free beer outside the stadium to Redskins fans. Props, Saints fans. Most hospitable fanbase in sports.</p>&mdash; Rudy (@DCBarno) <a href="https://twitter.com/DCBarno/status/932368105002717184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe Brees is no longer good enough to lead us from behind? If we lose this will have been the 3rd game we would have needed a bailout by the offense.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction just an actual question.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you get your answer? :ezbill:

This is why Payton needs to go. He has screwed Brees' legacy. Week 13 will tell his story. If we don't win that, it's over. No other legendary head coach(or coaches of legendary QBs outside maybe the coach of Dan Fouts and Dan Marino) allows division rivals to go to SBs. SP has allowed two under his watch.

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-pi

I just saw on ESPN Sportscenter tonight that Drew Brees was 0-50 when he and the Saints were trailing by 14 points (and more) in the fourth quarter.

Drew never wavered and threw 11 straight passes through regulation and overtime before the game-winning field goal by Lutz.

Saints decided to go for the PAT after the Josh Hill's 30-yard touchdown, instead of going for the two-point conversion so the Redskins won't adjust their game plans in the Saints next offensive series.

Alvin Kamara capitalized for New Orleans in the next Saints offensive drive, splitting two Redskins defensders for his 18-yard pass play from Brees for a TD, followed by his two-point conversion run.

...and Will Lutz kicked the game-winning 28-yard field goalwith 7:28 left into overtime, and the Saints win 34-31, and are now 8-2!

First Saints victory during the NFL regular season over the Washington Redskins in New
Orleans in 25 years, since 1992!

WHO DAT!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom