***Official Saints Vs. Redskins Monday Night Football Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints Nation, WHO DAT!!! Our 3-1 and NFC South Division leading New Orleans Saints are in the international spotlight, as they host the 2-1 Washington Redskins, as both teams conclude the Week 5 2018 NFL schedule, for ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Saints QB and future Pro Football Hall Of Famer Drew Brees may reach another team, league and personal milestone and achievement tonight, as he needs 99 yards, and 201 yards, to pass both Brett Favre and Peyton Manning, to be the NFL leader in All-Time Passing Yards. Brees stands in third-place with his 71, 740 passing yards before tonight's prime-time MNF game with the Redskins.

Drew Brees NFL Passing Record Tracker:

Drew Brees | Over the Years | A Compilation of Stats & Records

Saints receiver Ted Ginn, Jr. also has been ruled out tonight because of his knee injury.

New Orleans is appearing in their 37th Monday Night Football game tonight, and own a current 16-20 record at .444. Saints lost their first MNF to the KC Chiefs 20-17. back on September 25, 1972. Saints lost their most recent appearance to the Atlanta Falcons by the score of 45-32, back on September 26, 2016.

Washington is also appearing in their 66th all-time MNF game, also entering tonight with their 28-37 record at .431. Oakland Raiders defeated the Redskins 34-20 in their first MNF back on October 19, 2017. Pittsburgh Steelers also defeated the Redskins by the score of 38-16, in Washington's recent MNF meeting, back on September 12, 2016.

New Orleans also ended their two-game regular season losing streak over Washington in both teams last meeting, also played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Washington were leading 23-16 with 5:58 left in the fourth quarter, until New Orleans scored 18 unanswered points into regulation and overtime. Drew Brees through two TD passes, 3 yards to Josh Hill, and 18 yards to Alvin Kamara, Kamara then followed in the play by tying the game at 31-31, with his two-yard conversion at the end of regulation. Will Lutz then kicked his game-winning, 28-yard field goal with 12:25 left into overtime, to defeat the Redskins 34-31 back on November 19, 2017.

Redskins though still leads the all-time regular season series over our Saints with 17 wins and 9 losses, in tonight's 27th meeting.

Tonight's game will be simulcast locally in New Orleans on WDSU NBC Channel 6, on national cable in the USA on the Entertainment Sports and Programming Network, internationally to our US Military Personnel on The American Forces Broadcast Network, and in Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand, on The Sky Sports Network.

Also to keep in mind, tonight's Saints Vs. Redskins ESPN Monday Night Football Game telecast can also be seen free on your cellphone on the NFL app, and through your local cable provider on your laptop, Mac, and iPad, all media and seen live on HD.

Tonight's Saints Vs. Redskins MNF game can also be heard and simulcasted throughout Louisiana and the Gulf Coast on flagship stations WWL 870 AM and 105.5FM, and the Saints Radio Network.

Head Linesman Carl Cheffers leads his NFL Officiating Crew assigned to supervise the game and field action between the Saints and Redskins.

Both the Saints and Redskins players, and their team and support staffs, may wear pink authorized Nike and New Era NFL authorized team apparel, both on the playing field and in the sidelines tonight, as the NFL and their teams, continue their annual support thoughout October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the American Cancer Society.

Kickoff from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome is by 7:15 P.M. Central Standard Time.

NO injuries, Great luck to Drew Brees attempting to achieve another record tonight in NFL all-time passing yards, win your fourth game on MNF, GEAUX SAINTS, and WHO DAT!!!!!

2018 Saints Vs. Redskins Monday Night Football Broadcast And Pre Game Night Guide, And Team Series History:

Latest from the Superdome: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints

How to Watch Online: New Orleans Saints vs. Washington Redskins 10/8/18

Saints Gameday Guide 2018: Week 5 vs. Redskins

Inside the Game: New Orleans Saints, Washington Redskins series history

2018 Saints Vs. Redskins Monday Night Football Team Inactives And Injury Reports, And Live NFL Game Center:

New Orleans Saints inactives for Washington Redskins game

Official Site of the New Orleans Saints

Official Site of the Washington Redskins

Official Site of the National Football League | NFL.com

Last edited:
Pregame jitters on a Monday. What a way to start the work week.

Who Dat?!

That Steve Young piece was fantastic. Much props to our Dome Patrol. Man I so miss those guys.

Nobody wanted to come to the dome and play us. Nobody.

Who Dat!

Who Dat! Man, it's strange to watch the ESPN Monday Night Countdown crew showing so much love! Heck, it's practically a #9 highlight reel. This is great!

For whatever reasons I’m extremely anxious about this game. I really don’t like playing the redskins.

We need to avoid a slow start & not turn the ball over.

For whatever reasons I’m extremely anxious about this game. I really don’t like playing the redskins.

The Redskins always play us weird. Regardless of how good we are or they are. Kind of like the Dolphins in the AFC.

You and me both. I’ve even posted the results from each time we’ve played them.
Have said it many times. They always play us tough as nails. Would love to see that change tonight.

Me: "3 beers in. God, please give me the strength to not overreaact."

God: "What am I, a miracle worker?"

Got my Ingram jersey on... Let do this!!!

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS

Let’s do this!! Can’t wait to see Drew get the record and importantly the W!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom