***Official Saints Vs. Steelers Preseason Game Night Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints Fans! WHO DAT!!!!! A battle of winless and 0-2 teams in the 2016 NFL preseason tonight, as our 2016 New Orleans Saints, after playing their first two preseason games on the road, losing both at New England at Houston, are finally back in New Orleans to host a home preseason game, hosting the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.

Perhaps and hopefully their game performance in front of their loyal and supportive fans inside the friendly confines of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome could finally inspire the Saints players their first win tonight.

Both the Saints and the Steelers are playing in their seventh-all time preseason meeting since 1976, with each team winning 6 games entering tonight. New Orleans seeks to win their first preseason game over Pittsburgh since 1992. Whoever wins will lead the rivalry 4 games to 3.

New Orleans and Pittsburgh last met in the preseason in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game played at Canton, Ohio. Steelers though won that game 20-7, played at Fawcett Stadium in Canton, back on August 5, 2007.

Saints shutout the Steelers in their last preseason victory, winning 26-0 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, back on August 17, 1992.

Starting spots on both offense and defense are still to be determined as the rookies and free agent players, especially those players on the bubble, try to impress both the Saints and Steelers coaching staffs as they play and showcase themselves during tonights game. First mandatory cutdown of the preseason from 90 to 75 players by all NFL teams is by next Monday afternoon.

At the same time during tonight's contest, veteran first-string offensive and defensive players may get the most playing time in tonight's third preseason game, as their dress rehearsal and game preparation for a regular season game.

NO injuries for the 7:05PM Central Standard Time game. GEAUX SAINTS, and WHO DAT!!!!!

Saints Vs. Steelers Preseason Game Trackers:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/schedule/game/2016/preseason3/

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016082652/2016/PRE3/steelers@saints#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

Saints Vs. Steelers Team Home Page, Including Depth Chart Current Roster, And Transactions:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/index.html

B&G thats one helluva good way to start off the gameday thread. Good job!

I have direct TV in Jackson ms, but I don't see the game listed on any channel. Anyone know what channel it's going to be on here? Thanks for any help in advance.

I looked for it this morning before heading to work, and I only found a replay at 6:00 a.m tomorrow morning. It is on TV tonight right...what channel? Direct TV.

I have direct TV in Jackson ms, but I don't see the game listed on any channel. Anyone know what channel it's going to be on here? Thanks for any help in advance.

You might be out of luck - here I am only gonna catch it on Local TV out of Lafayette (KATC-Channel 3).

But here's some replay times on NFLNET:

All Upcoming Times for Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints

Sat8/27 6:00-9:00am 212 NFL HD

Mon8/29 3:00-6:00pm 212 NFL HD

Good luck!

Ima need knoe/cbs to get on their act together and get that signal and show the game instead og wheel of fo

We should get a better feel for our team tonight. Starters should be playing entire first half, maybe some into third.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom