***Official Saints Vs. Vikings Preseason Game Night Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BlackAndGold

NewOrleansSaints
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WHO DAT, Saints fans, and Who Dat Nation! WHO DAT!!!!! Our 2019 New Orleans Saints begin their 52nd season as a member of the NFL, and the NFL will also celebrate their 100th anniversary throughout the 2019 season. Saints will again try to make the postseason later, and win another Super Bowl especially for team owner Mrs. Gayle Benson, and tribute his late husband Tom Benson, future Pro Football Hall-Of Fame candidate Drew Brees before he retires.

Saints are overcoming a painful postseason loss to the L.A. Rams during the 2018 NFC Championship Game played last January 20, and the Saints hosted the home field advantage at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Referee Bill Vinovich and his officiating crew blew a major call , the 'NOLA No-Call,' that cost the Saints both a win of the 2018 NFCCG, and the berth into Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, GA. Vinovich and his crew missed an obvious pass interference call, when L.A. Rams CB Nickell Robey Coleman hit near the sideline to Saints WR Tommylee Lewis (now with the Lions), with 1:45 left in the fourth quarter. L.A. Rams eventually won 26-23 in overtime, but eventually lost to the New England Patriots 13-3 in Super Bowl LIII.

The play eventually lead to the discussion and rule change that applies during the 2019 NFL Season.

Among the players the Saints acquired after the start of the free agent signing period began in March 13, are three former Vikings who played in the last two postseasons, and may see, at least from the sidelines, their former team tonight. RB Latavius Murray may add more depth in the backfield with Alvin Kamara, along with C/G Nick Easton, and CB Marcus Sherels.

Saints QB, Teddy Bridgewater, who was drafted by Minnesota and is a former Viking player, was also re-signed and could be the confirmed backup to Drew Brees but might still have to compete with Taysom Hill for the backup QB job, despite Hill is more diverse as a Special Teams, player, as he could continue to run the ball, block punts, and return punts as he demonstrated in the latter part of the regular season and postseason.

Saints 2019 NFL Draft class will also make their debut on the field tonight, led by the Saints top draft pick and #48 overall, Center Eric Mc Coy, who replaced the retired Max Unger. Saints also drafted LB Kaden Ellis, the son of former Lions DE Luther Ellis, DB's Chauncey Gardner-Jackson and Saquan Hampton, and TE Alize Mack.

Saints drafted and undrafted free agents, and veteran free agent signings could play as much as 80% of tonight's game to both apply and showcase what they practiced during their OTA's and training camp, but also increase their stock and chances in front of the Saints coaching and scouting staffs during the preseason to make the final 53-man regular season roster.

Saints completed their 2018 preseason with their 3-1 record, with wins over the Jacksonville Jaguars, and both Los Angeles NFL teams, the Chargers and Rams, but lost to the Arizona Cardinals.

New Orleans defeated Minnesota by the score of 20-9, in the Vikings last visit to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome nearly five years ago, back on September 21, 2014. Vikings though leads the all-time regular season series over the Saints at 22-12-2 after 34 games played and including 4 postseason games .

Joel Meyers, John Stinchcomb, and former Saints LB Jonathan Vilma are announcing the live TV game commentary on all the 2019 Saints preseason games, simulcast on flagship station WVUE FOX Channel 8, and the Saints Preseason Television Network, live on HD.

Former Saints offensive tackle and running back Zach Strief and Deuce McAllister will announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Steve Geller, simulcast on flagship stations WWL 870 AM and 105.3 FM on all preseason, regular and postseason games during their 2019 NFL Season, and along the Gulf Coast on The Saints Radio Network.

Tonight's Saints/Vikings game can also be heard live on your personal and mobile website through both the https://wwl.radio.com/ website, and on the WWL Radio app on your smartphone.

Local gamecast around the stadium area outside Downtown New Orleans are partly cloudy skies at 89 degrees, and feels like 102 degrees. However, the kickoff time inside the comforts and home field Mercedes-Benz Superdome is scheduled by 7:05 PM Central Standard Time.

NO injuries to both the Saints and Vikings rookies, free agents, and veteran players, as all of them try to make the cut throughout the preseason from their current 90-man training camp rosters, to the final 53-man regular season roster.

LET'S GEAUX SAINTS!!!!! WHO DAT!!!!!

Last edited:
I know it’s Preseason but it’s really important to get the stink of last season washed out of our mouths! Hoping for no injuries and a great showing tonight. Let’s go boys! WHO DAT!

I'm so curious to see how many of the new guys will see the field tonight.
If Butler gets in, the fans there should go wild. If he makes some big plays, they may be booking rooms to Miami. :hihi:

Do we know which starters will be playing tonight? Obviously Brees, Kamara, Thomas won’t play but some starters will have to

Is there a website I can rewatch the game when i get home at 11 tonight? Hate that I have to miss it live

Do we know which starters will be playing tonight? Obviously Brees, Kamara, Thomas won’t play but some starters will have to
I want to see the various centers play to see who is going to step up.

Making a tradition out of going to these first preseason games. All I can afford lol.

Not to do any annoying pitching, but I 100% recommend using TicPic for buying tickets. I got these club seats in the 300s for $30 bucks. They dont make you pay the service fee which is the best part. Not sure what prices are like for regular season but I usually buy Pelicans tickets through them for like $6

Guys/gals - can y’all post any first-quarter E Butler or C Grayson appearances? Want to see if they get early work in 3- or 4-WR sets. Probably not, but if they do ... big news.

Guys/gals - can y’all post any first-quarter E Butler or C Grayson appearances? Want to see if they get early work in 3- or 4-WR sets. Probably not, but if they do ... big news.

Given that MT n Ginn may not play, and with Kirkwood out, both could get some reps. Butler is coming off injury but I heard he’s is suited up.

But I’m keeping a close eye on Grayson, not only as a WR, but on STs as a returner.

Back to the gold pants with white jerseys... just like SuperBowl 44!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom