***Official Saints Vs. Vikings Preseason Game Night Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The team looks unprepared (on defense mainly). And it's not just the backups of backups but also the backups and the starters. Not a good sign.

Exceptionally feeble way to end it, but consistent with the evening overall.

Well not the greatest opening preseason game. The defense looks like they have a lot to work on going forward. Some guys look in mid season form, but others look like they still have to beat off some rust. Offensively we looked alright.

Teddy had a decent game, but needs some more work. Taysom is Taysom. Not a great or even good QB, but an unreal athlete. Liked what I saw from both Latavius Murray and Dewayne Washington. Murray looks like a great complement to Kamara like I thought he would. I like what i’ve seen from Dewayne Washington and it looks like he’s got the 3rd running back on lock. Michael Thomas has an uncharacteristic drop in the end zone, but he doesn’t worry me at all. Tre’Quan Smith didn’t look so great with a big dropped pass. I liked what I saw from Cyril Grayson. I hope he can be that 4th or 5th receiver. I want to see Emmanuel Butler cause I have hope he will be that 4th guy. Hopefully we get to see him next game. If not Lil’Jordan Humphrey might steal his opportunity. He looked good on a couple catches with a great stiff arming TD. The tight ends looked good. Arnold with a great play and then a terrible one. I hope to see Alize Mack soon. The O-Line looked good from a starting standpoint. Not so sure about the backups, but it’s the first preseason game.

The defense looked pretty crap. The starters looked ok besides the secondary. The backups looked pretty horrible. Let’s hope it’s just some rust. Plus playing without their leader Cam, is huge.

Special teams looked damn good. We know Lutz & Morestead are two of the best in the league. The coverage teams looked good as usual. Deonte Harris looks to be firmly ahead of anyone for the return spot right now. He looked pretty damn good.

Not the greatest start to the season, but I’ve seen WAY worse from this team before. Let’s hope they work on the bad stuff and come back looking better next time out...

Well after Vikings ripped off that last TD it was clear we wanted to just get out of the game.

a couple takeaways:
both QBs need to make their decisions earlier
We need to catch some damn passes
Defensivley absorbing blocks, unacceptable, must be able to take on and get to ball
poor poor pursuit angles

Well after Vikings ripped off that last TD it was clear we wanted to just get out of the game.

a couple takeaways:
both QBs need to make their decisions earlier
We need to catch some damn passes
Defensivley absorbing blocks, unacceptable, must be able to take on and get to ball
poor poor pursuit angles
It's just preseason.

But I find these kinds of games especially hard to watch. When you can't get near the QB and are getting gashed for big plays it brings back traumatic memories of 2014-2016.

Regualr season will tighten up so long as they stay healthy.

It's just preseason.

But I find these kinds of games especially hard to watch. When you can't get near the QB and are getting gashed for big plays it brings back traumatic memories of 2014-2016.

Regualr season will tighten up so long as they stay healthy.
People were saying it's just preseason in 14-16 too

Pass rush doesn't grow overnight as evident in those years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom