Official State Aroma (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What would your state’s official aroma be?

Maryland would probably be Old Bay Steamed Crabs
=======================

The sweet smell of green chile roasting on an open flame permeates New Mexico every fall, wafting from roadside stands and grocery store parking lots and inducing mouth-watering visions of culinary wonders.

Now one state lawmaker says it’s time for everyone to wake up and smell the chile.

Senator Bill Soules’ visit with fifth grade students in his southern district sparked a conversation about the savory hot peppers and the potential for New Mexico to become the first state in the nation to proudly have an official state aroma, a proposal now being considered by lawmakers…….

“The new state aroma could help draw visitors away from Colorado, which, for some reason, thinks it has green chile comparable to that of New Mexico,” the analysis quipped, in a nod to an ongoing feud between the two states…….

MKE had a very distinct yeast/hoppy smell (from all the breweries) back when I was growing up, I remember just driving down the interstate and it was so odoriferous. I don't really notice it anymore.

iu

mixed with
iu

iu

mixed with
iu
The first time I went to New Orleans as an adult and went to bourbon street I thought the hand grenade was the most delicious drink I’d ever had, I must have drunk a half dozen of them

i didn’t get back for more than a decade, and if I did nothing else that trip I was having more hand grenades

either the drink changed or my palate did because it was god awful

another thought I had that trip, “I think I’m too old for Bourbon Street”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom