Official Super Bowl XLIV Tailgate Thread (in Miami) (1 Viewer)

The Chicago march was great even though Chicago fans sucked. Bringing the wife and kids to the SB!

Attachments

• Screens 096.jpg
    Screens 096.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screens 097.jpg
    Screens 097.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screens 090.jpg
    Screens 090.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 10
So are we allowed to bring our own beer and food to this?

Latest from Jay:

We are set for February 7, 2010, starting at 10:00 a.m. at the El Palacio Sports Hotel, 21485 NW 27th Avenue, Miami Gardens, Florida 33056.
Phone: (305) 621-5801. This is within walking distance of the stadium.

It ends at 3:00 p.m. or possibly earlier so we can meet the Brass Band to Second Line to the Stadium with us. The Brass Band will play the usual Saints Songs while we Second Line such as When The Saints Go Marching In and even Stand Up And Get Crunk.

During the tailgate, we will be in a banquet rooom since the NFL will not let us tailgate in the parking lot. The cost to rent the room is $1000.00 and the cost for the band is $1000.00. At $21.00 per person (add a dollar if you paypal the money due to the paypal transaction fee) we only need 100 people to pay for this. We will make that easy. Please go to www.paypal.com and send the money to sheilafoster@yahoo.com.

Abdul Da Tentmaker, who you have heard on WWL 870 AM many times, will perform some of his songs at the tailgate. We will also have every type of Saints song imaginable playing during the tailgate. We will also have a tv set up playing games from this past season, including the NFC Championship Game so we can relive this past season's excitement.

We can include drinks for everyone if we add approximately $17.00 to the $21.00 price. The $17.00 comes from the $13.99 charge plus tip and tax. However, we are trying to keep this affordable for everyone though so we are going to leave it as BYOB or you can pay for drinks at the cash bar, unless we get overwhelming support to provide the free drinks in the form of people paying for it. :)

The great part is even if you do not have tickets, you can still attend the tailgate and Second Line to the stadium with us and return to the El Palacio to watch the game. They have a sports bar in the hotel. Of course, you can always watch it elsewhere but I just wanted you to know this.

If you need to contact me, my name is Jay Foster, telephone: 228-872-6000. Email: jayatjayfosterlaw.com. I wrote the "at" due to spam bots picking up my email.

And yes, we have done this before. We did it for the NFC Championship game in Chicago in 2006 and the photographs you see on this page are from that tailgate.

Trust me when I tell you that this one will be better.

I'M JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Hi everyone,

If you could hold off on sending money for drinks, that would be great. The El Palacio charges $13.99 plus tax and tip for an open bar. I figured this at about $17.00 or so. However, I forgot about the paypal fee so we also get hit with charges on that so in reality, it probably is a bit more than $17.00 by the time you include the paypal fees. I apologize for forgetting that but I just have a lot going on trying to get this thing organized.

But, before we deal with an open bar, I would like to pay for the room and the band first. Once we get this done, then we can work on an open bar. This way, I won't have to deal with refunds, especially getting hit with paypal fees on it. By the way, we are up to 84 people right now. Thanks!

I have this huge 8' by 6' flag that I can bring to second line with and make us look more official =P, but I can't bring it in to the stadium. Is anyone from NOLA going to the secondline but not going to the game that could hold on to my flag for me after we secondline to the stadium? If anyone can help me out send me a PM!

I would be devastated if my flag got confiscated =P

I have this huge 8' by 6' flag that I can bring to second line with and make us look more official =P, but I can't bring it in to the stadium. Is anyone from NOLA going to the secondline but not going to the game that could hold on to my flag for me after we secondline to the stadium? If anyone can help me out send me a PM!

I would be devastated if my flag got confiscated =P

Bring it and then toss your flag pole when you get to the gate and just bring the flag into the stadium. Just a thought.

They say no banners, wouldn't that be considered a banner?

Before I pay, Is there still room available? THANKS!

Please clarify if there is still an open bar open or our drinks available for purchase or must we bring our own food/drinks? Still spots open for the tailgating party?

I just emailed Jay, and spots are limited. I just paid for 4 people. There will be an open bar to purchase drinks there.

Updates from New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Tailgate Facebook Page

Jay has posted a few important updates on the Facebook page for this event:

1. The Event is SOLD OUT. From his page:
"We are SOLD OUT!!!!! If you decide to come and have not paid, I cannot guarantee you entry. Sorry about that but there was a lot of interest!!!"

2. Coors of New Orleans has come on board as a sponsor! What does this mean? From his page:

a) "Coors Light would provide the beer, that is how generous they are. However, the hotel will not let them or us bring in beer. Coors Light will move mountains to make this taigate awesome! The sponsorship enables me to buy a lot of food. I cannot say that I can feed everyone but we will have a lot of food: sandwiches, ham, roast, chicken wings, etc."

b) "OFFICIAL CONTEST SPONSORED BY COORS LIGHT OF NEW ORLEANS: Bring and design your Second Line umbrella for the tailgate. The winner gets balcony passes at the Coors Light Balcony for Mardi Gras!!!!!!! Of course, understand you cannot take your umbrella into the game due to the NFL rules. But, balcony passes at Mardi Gras are worth it."

New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Tailgate
Please do not pay now. We are sold out. IF we have room, you can pay at the door. This is why I said I cannot guarantee entry.

Yep - tailgate is now SOLD OUT.

you can show up and try to get in, but entry isn't guaranteed.

Coors Light sponsorship is paying for food (sandwiches, wings, etc), but the hotel isn't allowing them to bring in beer for us (doh!!!)

I don't think the open bar is an option anymore, so i'm assuming it's just a cash bar and that Jay will be refunding money to those who paid $13.99 for that option... I wrote to ask him that question and I'll let you know what he says.

EDIT: he says all those who paid more than $21 will be refunded, but not until next week... he is too swamped with planning until then.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom